I need a replacement for my px100 headphone
Sep 22, 2007 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Tomcat_ha

New Head-Fier
Hi

Ive really enjoyed my px100 headphone so far but sadly it seems the wire is causing me problems. Hearing music in just 1 ear is just plain annoying and constantly adjusting the wire is aswell.

because of this i need a new headphone.

my demands so to say

must be good for mobile use thus i should be able to hear traffic fine with it
price must be near 50 euros.
wire must either last long or easy replacement should be possible.(i suck with my hands)

What i have:
ipod video 80 gig + rockbox
mostly metal music collection.

what i heared from other people:

Someone recommended Beyerdynamic DT 231 to me
someone else said that a grado would fit me

Thank you in advance!

Sep 22, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 13
how about iGrados, its portable and just sounds right with metal

Sep 22, 2007 at 11:47 AM Post #6 of 13
I'm in the same boat -- my px100s lost a channel when the cable frayed down at the jack, and decided to look for some non-isolating earbuds or IEMs in that same price range. I heard enough good things about the Yuin PK3 that I just sent in my $25 for the group buy.

Sep 24, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomcat_ha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then it comes down to this. Which one is better considering wires?

portapro has lifetime warranty but maybe the igrados wires never give problems?

in my experience, wires will break or malfunction sometime or another no matter how careful you are, nothing is static, everything is decaying...

that said, triple check if portapro's lifetime guarantee covers wire damage, because many companies know the wire is the weakest part of the headphones

cheers

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
koss portapro

lifetime warranty

Agreed. They should add a bit of kick to the bass in comparison, that's what I've found with mine.

Jul 29, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #11 of 13
I've just voted the Portas as the most overrated headphones! Classics though they are, I've never had anyone tell me they're better than either the PX's or iGrado's, and I do comparison test at uni on a regular basis. The iGrado bass is quicker and deeper than either the PX's or Koss! only had one person choose the PX's over the iGrado's, and that was my tutor, who said he preferred the warmth of the PX's over the iGrado's. 1 person out of 7!

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #12 of 13
thanks for making this thread
frown.gif
I was heartset on some portapro's but can't decide between these and the igrado's now
frown.gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #13 of 13
Just my two cents: I completely disagree with the contributor who claims the koss are overrated. In fact, I think the Px100 are overrated. I have owned both of them, first the px100, then, while these we're still working, I bought the portapro. Well, the px100 have been lying in the drawer ever since. Everything apart from comfort is better in the koss, to my ears. The px100 now sound extremely muffled, nasal I'd say. No match for the crispy, clean koss sound: lows and highs are so nicely separated. I advised a couple of friends of mine to buy the portapro and they're delighted. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back