I Need A really Powerful Good DAC. There Is no price range
Nov 29, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 8
I haven't heard it, but I think the new iFi Pro outputs something like 10W/ch for headphones - more than enough to annihilate your cans (and your hearing) in most contexts, but probably just what the doctor ordered for some less efficient cans (e.g. planars, K1000, etc). CI Audio also has the VHP-2 which outputs something like 2W and is very robust - I owned the predecessor that amp (VHP-1) and it was quite good (CI Audio themselves are also quite good to deal with).

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #4 of 8
  I already own the Audio-gd NFB-11 and I really need something that has more power. Thanks

Im guessing you want a combined DAC and AMP that is more powerful than the NFB-11.  

What headphone are you powering?  The NFB-11 should be able to drive most headphones to very loud levels.  What is causing you to look for more power?

Nov 29, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 8
Im guessing you want a combined DAC and AMP that is more powerful than the NFB-11.  

What headphone are you powering?  The NFB-11 should be able to drive most headphones to very loud levels.  What is causing you to look for more power?

I'm using the mod house audio argon's they are a T50 mod. Yes something with DAC and amp or separate doesn't matter.

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #6 of 8
I'm using the mod house audio argon's they are a T50 mod. Yes something with DAC and amp or separate doesn't matter.

What is lacking from the NFB-11?  Its putting multiple watts into your headphones based on the ratings, should be enough to make you deaf.  

Also, what is your budget?  

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #7 of 8
I don't
What is lacking from the NFB-11?  Its putting multiple watts into your headphones based on the ratings, should be enough to make you deaf.  

Also, what is your budget?  

I don't $800 and under. I love the nfb but I just need a little more power. Something that is still good. If there's nothing in that price range then I can increase it

Mar 4, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #8 of 8
I have an NFB-11 and use the outputs to feed a Garage1217 Project Polaris AMP. SETTING THE NFB-11 to variable allowed me to crank the volume on both the NFB-11 AND THE Project Polaris as I see fit.

I usually listen to my NFB-11 at between 10 and 12 o'clock, but I can crank it all the way without dying, but add the Project Polaris and it get louder than I can bare. It will make you head explode!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back