I need a pathfinder :)
Mar 12, 2008 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Weez

Head-Fier
The time for an upgrade has come once again (damn you Head-fi!). My budget is around 550$ and I’m on a quest for a new dac and amp. I’m currently looking into the the Keces DA-151 and Little-Dot MKII. Do you think these two would fit well together? I’ve also read a lot of good things about the Headamp’s Pico amp, but a portable amp/dac cambo wouldn’t really beat a good stationary dac and amp - would it? It seems that the Pico amp has put up a good fight though, but I don’t need a portable solution and I don’t really want to pay for portability. I’m open for any suggestions at this point. As I live in Sweden shipping overseas is a must. I will connect the dac to an usb-port; I don’t think I should connect it to my X-fi soundcard?

My music preferences are: Metal, rock and punk.

The cans I use are those listed in my signature.

...And I’m not sure if I posted in the correct part of the forum, sorry if so
frown.gif

Thanks for any help
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 6
Bump, nobody? Hmm, seems like I’m going to buy the Keces DA-151 and Little-Dot MKII on a feeling
wink.gif
That is, If nobody stops me ^^ Btw, does it work well to connect the Little-Dot MKII (which is connected to the DA-151 -> PC) to a receiver and listen to music through the speakers? Or is it better to have my receiver connected to my X-fi soundcard?

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #5 of 6
What the hell, I went for it. Bought the Keces DA-151 and the Little-Dot MKIII : )

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You had a listen to the new V8 then? What was it like?

No, I just barely came out and there are no reviews yet, but it fits the OP's budget, does have a USB DAC, and I can't believe MF would release a product with lower sound quality than the excellent XDACv3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back