I need a new UPS (not audio related...)
May 11, 2004 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

radrd

Found that torchiere lamps induce nicotine addiction in moths.
So the battery on my APC Back-UPS Pro 500 just died, and I'm not real excited about replacing it. I already had the entire unit replaced once because it failed prematurely last year. Even if I do replace the batter, I doubt that it will continue to meet my needs.

I need a GOOD UPS. I don't know what "good" costs, but I live in a place with pretty mediocre power. I think it's quite clean, so I don't care at all about conditioning, but we tend to lose power frequently.

I'd say my budget is <$200. I don't know what a UPS costs these days, and I'd prefer to spend less, much less if possible. I'd also like to get it with free shipping or locally. I've got Fry's, BestBuy, Circuit City, and anything else in the Seattle area.

This UPS is for my computer only. I use a power sucking 22" CRT monitor and my computer has a 450 watt power supply. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason my current UPS is no longer functioning. I can easily see myself upgrading to a 550 watt power supply, and upgrading every component in my case. If I can get 5 solid minutes of batter power in an outage, I would be happy.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back