I Need a New Portable Player, Help Me!
Oct 11, 2016 at 12:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DutchGFX

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey all, I haven't really been up to speed with the new releases in the audiophile world, but I've gotten pretty fed up with the fact that my beloved Cowon Z2 doesn't have playlists. It runs Android Gingerbread, so finding a replacement media player is a bit of a pain. I am strongly considering buying a different player. I am VERY picky, however.

It MUST, NO EXCEPTIONS, have a touch screen, physical skip, reverse skip, play, pause, and volume buttons. It MUST NOT be sluggish in any way. 

The sound quality is actually rather trivial to me since I'm going to use it pretty much exclusively in my car. Obviously I don't want a Zune or an iPod, but I mean it doesn't have to be an AK240. 

I'd like to spend less than 400 new, and have no issue buying something used.

Any recomendations?

Oct 11, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #2 of 5
Cowon Plenue D (I don't know if the UI is still somewhat slow/laggy, but when I had it months ago before I sold it, it was, especially in lists), iBasso DX80/DX50/DX90, Echobox Audio Explorer X1 (not out yet and also more expensive, but could be in your price range as soon as used units show up). The Astell & Kern Junior might work too but I have no personal experience with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back