I need a new monitor...
May 5, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #16 of 17
Like Chris, I often use a laptop (mine is 12"), and that makes anything else feel huge. I used 12" screens exclusively for a few years; only got my 20" screen because I was comparing a lot of print-sized PDFs. "Need" is relative. If you're convinced you need a 30" screen, well, after that you'll need something else. It sucks to never be happy. But maybe I'm just thinking about expectations too much because I thought "Three Amigos!" when I saw you use the word plethora.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also ... "for college next year" ... if you're going to be living in a dorm and don't actually know how big it'll be, I'd suggest no larger than a 24" widescreen for television or computer. Just my experience, though.

That said, although using a computer monitor is ugly for television relative to, well, a television, I find it perfectly acceptable. I'd go for the high resolution.

May 5, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #17 of 17
are u looking for quality or quantity?

for quality there is nothing that matches an eizo s2410w. I have seen dell and apple widescreen monitors that give u relative crap quality. The sad thing is that eizo is still figuring out a way to maintain that quality with a 30" size. I bought mine in japan which is around $300USD cheaper than the cheapest in the states so check it out if u have frens visiting tokyo.

if u r juz looking for a cheap monitor then dell 30" is fine i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back