I need a new headset.
Jan 25, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:
You're better off getting separate headphones and microphone since most headsets have so-so sound quality and the ones that don't can be pretty expensive (Beyerdynamic MMX 300 or Sennheiser PC 360 for example).

Good headphones + mic > headset

I have the DT770s and I love them. If you hit the FS section, not sure if your allowed in yet, you should be able to find them for around 130ish. Yes above your budget but I don't think you'll be disappointed. I basically only listen to music on the internet and they sound great. They also have a decent soundstage, for a closed headphone, so they're decent for gaming too. 

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Since you aren't looking for a headset per se: You can have In ear, on ear or over ear headphones. :)

Well, if you can, go try out the Beyerdynamic DT770 (pro or edition). Read up on them here on this forum. They are a bit more expensive than your budget, but could possibly fit your needs perfectly. You know the saying: "Spending more now will save you in the long run." You will have something that will last you. You can always buy replacement parts. You will have a nice, solid base if you ever decide to get more into music. Make sure you get the 32 Ohm version, unless you want to jump into this hobby. Some light browsing will get you started.

Something I can also reccomend you read is this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-57-headphones-compared-update-hifiman-he-400-added-12-24-12 (For information purposes!)

You can also get them customized with colors which I think is pretty cool.

:)

Those seem a bit too expensive for my needs, but if i ever do want a super duper headset they seem perfect, thank you for recommending me them.

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Good headphones + mic > headset

I have the DT770s and I love them. If you hit the FS section, not sure if your allowed in yet, you should be able to find them for around 130ish. Yes above your budget but I don't think you'll be disappointed. I basically only listen to music on the internet and they sound great. They also have a decent soundstage, for a closed headphone, so they're decent for gaming too. 

Wait 130-ish? the Beyerdynamic: DT-770-Pro Studio Headphones - Limited Edition, 32 OHMS the ones i was pointed to, cost 250$ unless i'm looking at the wrong ones.

Jan 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:
Wait 130-ish? the Beyerdynamic: DT-770-Pro Studio Headphones - Limited Edition, 32 OHMS the ones i was pointed to, cost 250$ unless i'm looking at the wrong ones.

He's talking about a used 770 in the FS (for sale) forum here on head-fi which is cheaper.

To answer your previous question, no the Beyer DT 235 and CAL! don't need to be amped and you can just use the EQ in your media player (iTunes/foobar/etc) to adjust the sound.

The 770s on the other hand do best when amped but you would probably still like them without an amp. Its true that they are a big step up in both sound quality and build quality as well as comfort.

Jan 25, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #20 of 24
I'm thinking i'm probably going with the Creative Aurvana Live headphones, as they seem to be in my budget and i heard they have great sound quality, i'm just wondering if anyone has any input on their build quality, will they last? and also are they better than the Beyer DT 235's?

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #21 of 24
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, i decided to go with the Creative Aurvana Live Headphones, they seem like a great choice and i can't wait til they get here, again thank you so much.

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, i decided to go with the Creative Aurvana Live Headphones, they seem like a great choice and i can't wait til they get here, again thank you so much.

Congrats!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Yeah the LE 32s are about a hundred more then the pro 80s I think. I was talking about the pro 80s. 
Quote:

Those should be good. I seen people say good things about them on here. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back