I need a HP Amp but i have nfi where to begin...
Aug 3, 2002 at 2:02 AM Post #16 of 77
Quote:

Originally posted by Memph
ahh. Ok
How come i cant PM anyone?
Have i not been a member for long enough or something like that?

Go to your user profile and turn it on.
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2002 at 2:18 AM Post #17 of 77
Hehe
it is on though
it comes default on
wink.gif

I guess i could just ask here

I was told to ask JMT about making a META42.. Would you think that if you were to build one it would be better than the headroom little?
Keeping in mind you would only be able to spend around 200 - 250 american.

Thanks heaps..

Aug 3, 2002 at 2:35 AM Post #18 of 77
I'm sure a custom built, DIY amp like a META42 will be better than other amps in the same price range because it can be built to suit YOUR needs, i.e. your source and your headphones, portable or not, etc. I'm willing to bet that an all-out configuration META42 will sound better than the Creek or the stock Little, maybe even the stock Corda.

Aug 3, 2002 at 3:12 AM Post #20 of 77
Quote:

If i could only work out how to PM

Did you reply to the email that was sent to you from Head-Fi? I am pretty sure you have to reply to that to be able to pm somebody. Hope this helps.

Aug 3, 2002 at 4:08 AM Post #21 of 77
Thanks RVD.
Turns out while signing up for this forum i made a typo in my email address so i did not get the email to activate my account. But i have changed it now so its allg ood
thanks again RVD..
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2002 at 4:28 AM Post #24 of 77
It's a process in which the left signal is mixed with the right signal (and vice versa) in order to create a more speaker-like experience. This is very usefull with older stereo recordings that have a wide and descrete soundstage. Some find it neccessary with all recordings.

There are two designs, the Meier "Natural Crossfeed"(which could easily be implemented in a diy amp and comes as part of the Corda amp with a variable selector) & the crossfeed that is included in Headrooms amps.

You could look at Meier's site for an explanation of his version of crossfeed, as well as searching this site for both Headroom's and Meier's. Headroom's site has a non-technical explanation of it's design as well.

Aug 3, 2002 at 4:36 AM Post #25 of 77
Ahhh
ok
i understand....
I think i will end up with a META42 made to what i need....

Just gotta talk it over with JMT as it is to my understanding that he makes them...

Thanks

Aug 3, 2002 at 9:00 AM Post #29 of 77
What sound card do you have Memph?

I have an S(ound)B(laster)Live!, and whilst a CPU upgrade helped, it has to be said that it used to be as noisy as anything... a lot of RFI from within my computer... and you'd be amplifying that close to your ears... hmm
confused.gif
confused.gif

Maybe low ohm 'phones would be the way to go... the HD580s are probably ultimately TOO hi-fi for use with MP3s and the like... Even a META won't make gold out of lead if you know what I mean

Or, you could go the route that I go for headphone listening, using a DAC (soundcard digital output required obviously) That cleaned up the sound nicely...

That being said, you could have a real kick ass PC and be running uncompressed WAV files through a multi hundred $$ sound card??????

Aug 3, 2002 at 9:05 AM Post #30 of 77
Kick arse computer? Yeah
Kick are sound card? Nah

Just a soun blaster Live Platinum

I do have optical Outs if that helps?

But i understand what your saying.. You can turn **** sound into good sound with just an amplidier.. I would need a good sound card aswell...

Hmm... Thats bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back