I need a headphone suggestion
Nov 30, 2016 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

cianedmond

New Head-Fier
So right now I have been getting into high end audio. I am looking for a good pair of headphones that sounds good with pop and rap music as well as some female vocalist and a little bit of rock music. I need something between 600-1000 us dollars. I would also like something that's looks okay and comfort is a must. Clean and punchy bass is something that i'm really looking for. Thanks for any suggestions or comments :)

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #3 of 12
So right now I have been getting into high end audio. I am looking for a good pair of headphones that sounds good with pop and rap music as well as some female vocalist and a little bit of rock music. I need something between 600-1000 us dollars. I would also like something that's looks okay and comfort is a must. Clean and punchy bass is something that i'm really looking for. Thanks for any suggestions or comments
smily_headphones1.gif

​You starting with that budget? Or do you already have some headphones and therefor some references cq preferences?

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #6 of 12
I was in a similar situation to you about a month ago, with a similar budget.  I ended up going with the Sennheiser HD 650s and the Magni 2 Uber amp and Modi 2 Uber DAC from Schitt Audio.  I am absolutely in love - listening to music has never been more enjoyable (using Tidal HIFI for my music source).

My logic with going with this set up was this - the HD 650s have been around forever and are loved by many seasoned audiophiles, and they come with the Sennheiser name so you know they are quality.  Since this was my first venture into this world, I wanted to go with a high end, tried and true pair first and I can expand from here.

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #8 of 12
I think in that price range you can't go wrong. It's all quality, but then it comes to what kind of sound/headphone do you like personaly.
Me, I like the Beyerdynamic's; they are comfortable and have some bass. The T70 or T90 (depending if you want closed or open; both carry good bass but 70 more round and 90 more tight).
But don't forget a dac/amp with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back