I Need a good APE to FLAC/Wav converter
Dec 2, 2005 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

[AK]Zip

Member of the Trade: APureSound
I have a full cd that was ripped to ape by a friend, but I like to have all of my music in 1 format. If anyone can suggest a good free or pay program that will convert APE music to Flac or Wav I would be greatful.

-Alex-

Dec 2, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 7
Just download Monkeys Audio and you can decompress the ape files to wavs. If you need to convert to FLAC then you could download it as well and recompress the wavs with the FLAC compressor. I'm not sure if there is any one program that will convert ape directly to FLAC though.

Dec 2, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero
Just download Monkeys Audio and you can decompress the ape files to wavs. If you need to convert to FLAC then you could download it as well and recompress the wavs with the FLAC compressor. I'm not sure if there is any one program that will convert ape directly to FLAC though.

Thank you very much. Just what I was looking for.

-Alex-

Dec 2, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero

That sounds right. Too convert to FLAC or APE you have to return to WAV unless there is a program that does that automatically. Because isn't that what audio players do, convert back to wav to play the music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back