i need a gizmo to reduce the volume out of my cdp headphone jack
Aug 29, 2001 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
is there some gizmo i can use to reduce the volume out of my cdp headphone jack? something i can pick up at radio shack?

i will be buying a dedicated headphone amp, but that will have to wait until after the trip to italy.

Aug 29, 2001 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 8
hmm....no volume control on the unit?

I think Neruda had dug up a dedicated volume control a while ago that seemed pretty good....with treble and bass controls - the only "decent" looking headphone EQ i've ever seen. (Not that I've seen many....).

Neruda...where are you?

Aug 29, 2001 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 8
yeah, it has a digital volume control for the line out and headphone jack, but at it's lowest setting it is still too loud for my cans..

hmmm, dedicated volume control... i'll look for it..

Aug 30, 2001 at 12:38 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

is there some gizmo i can use to reduce the volume out of my cdp headphone jack? something i can pick up at radio shack?

Radio Shack sells in in-line volume control for headphones. Cheap, but it should do for a portable.

Aug 30, 2001 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 8
most cheesey, but very compact, and it still sounds better than many digital volume controls. Try turning the digital control up fairly high and using the RS in line to attenuate. You might hear a benefit.

Aug 30, 2001 at 4:10 AM Post #6 of 8
thanks greg, macdef, and coolvij. i picked up the rs $5 in line volume control. damned if i can tell any difference in sound quality between using it and not! greg, i use that attenuation trick with my d777 pcdp and its remote, it works great for getting punchy bass. i'll try it with my home cdp next!

Sep 28, 2001 at 3:48 AM Post #7 of 8
Sep 29, 2001 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 8
Just a heads-up, i believe that Dr. Meier tried those Sennheiser cords with volume controls a while ago to increase the impedance of the Beyer 931's and was very unhappy with their quality... if anyone else remembers this incident they could back me up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back