I need a .flv file converter program..
May 17, 2009 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Lucille

Head-Fier
Does anybody recommend a program to convert Flash .flv files into mp4 or avi or wmv files?

May 17, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 9
I use Super C or Vidrop for converting. Both free and lots of options.
wink.gif

May 17, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 9
Vidrop doesn't play sound on windows media play, in fact, none of its conversion work on my laptop.

May 17, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 9
VLC. Use it to either play the .flv files, or use the transcoding wizard to export them to another format.

May 17, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
VLC. Use it to either play the .flv files, or use the transcoding wizard to export them to another format.

thank you, this program atleast plays the .flv files i have, though I don 't see a transcoding wizard and am unable to figure out how to convert them.

May 17, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 9
See here for at least a basic "guide" for how to do this sort of thing with VLC.

May 17, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See here for at least a basic "guide" for how to do this sort of thing with VLC.

hmmm... my version doesn't have these screens/options that this guide is displaying, I don't know what I have but there is noway it can convert the files, the problem I am sure is with me not having a clue what I am doing.

But I thank you so much for taking the time to try and help me.

May 17, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #8 of 9
+1 on VLC.
I personally use QuickTime Pro with Perian, but its not a free solution.

May 17, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #9 of 9
Must be due to recent changes in the layout of VLC. See here for a brief discussion of this. You can still transcode your .flv files with VLC, but the program works a bit differently than it used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back