I need a fan
May 22, 2007 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

ilikemonkeys

500+ Head-Fier
So, I've never rally slept with a fan before. Almost everyone I know sleeps with one. I got one for a friend and tried it out for a couple nights before I gave it to her (had to make sure it worked
smily_headphones1.gif
) and I kinda liked it.

I'm looking for suggestions since there seem to be so many people that HAVE to sleep with them.

Kind of a random thread I know but there has to be a closet Fan-Fi out there somewhere.

Thanks,

B

May 22, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #3 of 37
I'd like one that sits on the floor. I don't really want a standing fan......I think I"d freak out if I woke up and saw something moving around in my room.

May 22, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemonkeys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rock star...maybe, but I'm only thinking about the thing with blades right now.

sounds very dangerous. bee careful

May 22, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #7 of 37
I'm the same-I can't sleep unless I have a fan spinning! The background noise helps me fall (and stay) asleep. I find sleeping in the dead quiet to be very, very creepy.

I use a $20 window fan from walmart-it works very well.

May 22, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #9 of 37
I do live on one of the bussiest streets in my city....and right across the street from an old-folks home....so I'm used to the ambulances several times a night.

Maybe I should just open the windows wider????

May 22, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #12 of 37
I have a holmes Airwaves fan. I can't sleep without it, thinking about even getting a window fan with filter my room gets soo hot with my computer and aquarium.

May 22, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #14 of 37
Fans are awesome. I'd recommend Vornado products. Honestly they push so much more air than the average fan and make about 10% of the noise most fans make. Their ducted fans are great for sleeping, since you can point it at your bed, set it to low, and enjoy the strong breeze on you, with virtually no noise to keep you awake.

A less effecient fan of theirs, which I also love, is their Swan Fan. It doesn't have quite the power of their ducted fans, but it looks so fricken sweet. Totally retro fantastic. Compared to the average oscillating fan, it is much more power, and much more quiet...so again you are left with a superior product.

Take a look at their products, they blow everything else out of the water as far as I am concerned. I have a Holmes "2 Cool" fan, that is decently strong, pushing about as much air as the Swan fan does, but it also makes about 30x more noise. I mean you can't even hear yourself think, with the person running.

May 22, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #15 of 37
The silver Swan Fan:
silverswan4in.jpg

One of their ducted fans (very good fans):
630b4in.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back