I need a desk...
Dec 31, 2007 at 3:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

OverlordXenu

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone have any manufacturers/retail outlets they'd recommend? I'm really looking for a wood and glass desk. I recently got a TV stand that is wood, glass, and steel (for support, you can't really see the steel), and it looks really nice. However, the company that makes the TV stand pretty much only makes TV stands...And not desks.

Thanks.

Dec 31, 2007 at 12:21 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about desks by Boltz? Glass but with metal frames... very contemporary.

Thanks. Those do look very, nice. However, I really want an L-shaped desk...And I don't want to spend more than like $800 on a desk, unless it is extremely spectacular and will last forever.

I really do like Boltz's pieces, though...

Dec 31, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #5 of 12
Martela. Finnish design and quality all the way
smily_headphones1.gif

Here's one of their export products in an L shape with wood and glass.

credirdet040128001gi7.jpg

Dec 31, 2007 at 2:04 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Martela doesn't seem to list prices, have a dealer near me, or have a working online shopping system...

I assume you found your way here? The online system isn't working at the moment, but I would think you could contact the main office or the dealer in Maryland or DC. Their selection and customization options are like nothing else I've come across from any other furniture company. I have a local Martela dealer here, but the showroom has almost nothing in it. They're all about custom orders, but turnaround times tend to be pretty fast and they're up-front about pricing.

Dec 31, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #9 of 12
Sharper Image Stockton Office Collection See all collections
take alook at these at office max i had to get one works well
easy to keep clean and plenty of room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back