I miss my equipment!
Jan 2, 2008 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

carlineng

100+ Head-Fier
Being home for college breaks means I also take a break from my non-portable listening set-up. Right now, I'm listening to KSC75s straight from a laptop's onboard soundcard, and I really miss my setup at school
frown.gif

Jan 2, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #2 of 9
I'd rather be at home with onboard sound and some koss headphone than in a tiny beige dormitory with hifi gear.

But hey, I have the same but with mx400's instead, and I can understand
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #3 of 9
Just be glad you don't miss your equipment because it was stolen!

"Speed the Fez"

Laz

Jan 2, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd rather be at home with onboard sound and some koss headphone than in a tiny beige dormitory with hifi gear.

x2, almost anything is an acceptable tradeoff for not being in a dorm.

EDIT: but if the laptop onboard is terribly noisy there's nothing stopping you from getting, say, a bithead or a move for portable
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 9
You think you have it bad, I sold all my gear and then just bought some so-so headphones when I went to college. It's been killing me
frown.gif

Jan 2, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd have to disagree. I've been at home on winter break for over two weeks now and within the first week I have been counting down the days until I go back to school (which is tomorrow). Despite having a small dorm and crappy beds and gross communal bathrooms, I would much rather be at college where my friends, my freedom, and my new life is than stuck at home melting my brains in front of my parents' 50" plasma taking nice hot showers in my own, clean bathroom, and yet, still doing nothing.

Each time I go home, I look less and less forward to breaks. Sure, it'll be some good time to catch up on sleeping and eating, but, well, that's about it.

Bottom line is, I love being at school, but I don't really like going to class
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #8 of 9
I know how you feel!
Cause I am away for the weekend quite often, and miss my gear the first evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back