I-Mego Retro Headphones - Style over sound?
Dec 20, 2010 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Mindstate

New Head-Fier
Since this is my first post, after browsing these forums for a while, let me say up front that I am by no means an audiophile. I'm interested in good or special-looking headphones, that have a good sound. My budget is around 100$, but if its really necessary I can ship out some more. I've looked through your recommendations, went to an audio store and tried some of the models out (some Grado's and some Sennheiser's) Was very satisfied with the sound, but not with their looks (I did like the looks of the Grado SR headphones, but they leak too much sound for me)

A friend just came across the I-Mego Retro Headphones, priced at around my budget. 

Specificaties:

1. Type: Headphone 
  2. Driver: 40 mm (x 2) 
  3. Frequence: 20 - 20.000 Hz 
  4.  Impedance: 32 ohms
  5. Cable length: 1.2 m 
  6.  Connector: 3.5mm stereo plug

----
I have tried looking up some reviews on the internet, but I only found one: http://www.gstylemag.com/2010/10/19/i-mego-retro-series-headphone-review/ , which was quite positive but I thought it's not really reliable. I assume their sound isn't great, as I haven't found them on the Head-Fi forums yet, but would you think it would be worth the try?

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 2
I have just bought the retro after a few seconds audition. I was comparing a pair of Audio Technica and iMego was better. Maybe I need to run it in over 100 hours before drawing any conclusion. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back