I love trance,but
Jan 18, 2008 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

zaphod373

100+ Head-Fier
I love a flat response,well balanced sound,which is what I expect from an experienced recording studio dude ,with million dollar ears, but some of the crap mixing,particularly in the lower regions is disgusting.Sounds as thrashed out as the dudes ears must be.I once lent a recording professional my sennies for a session and they were buzzin like you wouldn't beleive when they returned the next day.I tried to bring the flappin around to his attention and he just couldn't hear it.I gave the wife a listen without telling her anything and she took them off real quick saying,that's unlistenable,well she used the f word as well.Many people complain about top headphones havin no bass,and I think they are waiting for their eardrums to vibrate to let them know that there's good bass,some people have good hearing, and some think they have
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #3 of 8
^ What he say!
There are lots of great trance out there.

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #4 of 8
i'd recommend some Shpongle.

oh, and the space, shift and enter keys every once in awhile.

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaphod373 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love a flat response,well balanced sound,which is what I expect from an experienced recording studio dude ,with million dollar ears, but some of the crap mixing,particularly in the lower regions is disgusting.Sounds as thrashed out as the dudes ears must be.I once lent a recording professional my sennies for a session and they were buzzin like you wouldn't beleive when they returned the next day.I tried to bring the flappin around to his attention and he just couldn't hear it.I gave the wife a listen without telling her anything and she took them off real quick saying,that's unlistenable,well she used the f word as well.Many people complain about top headphones havin no bass,and I think they are waiting for their eardrums to vibrate to let them know that there's good bass,some people have good hearing, and some think they have
wink.gif

I personally think Timbaland has this problem. Some of his bass, especially in songs like bombay, has a crap bass sound like someone inserted it into an overamped sub in the vibrating trunk of a car before it reached my ears.

Jan 18, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'd recommend some Shpongle.

oh, and the space, shift and enter keys every once in awhile.

I agree,but I can't be bothered with comma and space.it lest mi spellin is bitter then sum otger posters.cheers
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #8 of 8
headphone bass is a decent bit different from speaker bass.

with a speaker you FEEL the bass hit your chest, and your ear confirms that its actually bass!

with headphones alll you have is the actual hearing, and the intake of the sound is somewhat different. it is certainly there, but it takes some getting used to.

imagine what would happen if a helicopter pilot got into a airplane and tried to do his thing.... both are run by pilots, but differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back