I love the sound, but comfort is total crap
Jun 22, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for looking out for members that may not know the difference between a band and a band housing or that plastic won't bend. Perhaps I assumed too much.

I've seen too many reports of snapped Sennheiser headbands, and have seen too many friends (with postgraduate degrees) try to bend the housing of my own bearhugging pair of headphones to feel comfortable with some random person's intuitive grasp of that distinction.

Which distinction also collapses since Sennheiser refers to the entire housing/yoke part as the "headband."

Jun 22, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #18 of 22
Before I knew better, I snapped my HD580's headband in two by trying to bend the plastic part. That's a no-no. Simply fully extend the headband and bend only the metal part by gripping near each end of the metal band. There is only a short length of metal band to bend. Then do the same on the other side. Repeat until adjusted as desired.

Jun 22, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #20 of 22
I only want one thing: a pair of cans with the comfort levels of my 601s and the 'drivers close to your ears' sensation of the ES7s. How hard can it be ? (yes, I know there are other pads for the 601s - will look into it).

Jun 22, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, anyone else absolutely certain of a Grado thread before they clicked?

I'm with you. Very interesting perspective.... I really like the feel of the HD-650's. My RS-1's are the ones that are harder for me to wear for long periods of time. To each their own!

Jun 22, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, anyone else absolutely certain of a Grado thread before they clicked?

That's what I thought!
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back