I love the Hifiman Arya, which IEM should I pick?
Dec 26, 2020 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Andyoutellme

New Head-Fier
Hi forum!

I have tried and own quite a few IEM`s, but I havn`t found any I love, like i love my Aryas.
My budget is 2000$, and i`m looking for a IEM with an Arya like soundpresentation, perhaps with a somewhat stronger punch.

My current IEM favorites are FIIO FH7 and the Mangird Tea. I like the punch of the Campfire Polaris 2 but hate it`s muffled mids and highs.

So, in the vast jungle of IEM`s, which fall close to the Arya?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #4 of 9
Indeed, they do sound great, but the portability is so so, and it's patrially open back, Im looking for a closed portable unit.

Any thoughs on the Campfire Solaris 2020?

I love my Solaris OG (1st gen Gold) with its semi-intimate presentation and holographic soundstaging, but Azla SednaEarFit Xelastic ear tips are a must for me to fully seal and keep all of this detail from within and around with an overall balanced sound. I have heard that the Solaris 2020 has less bass/treble extension (some people prefer this) and a slightly smaller soundstage. You can find Xelastic ear tips here and I recommend (sizing down one or two sub-notches down, like if you are usually M, then size down to MS or S):

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/...rtips-6-sizes-for-in-ear-monitor-iem-earphone

Feb 1, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #5 of 9
Hi forum!

I have tried and own quite a few IEM`s, but I havn`t found any I love, like i love my Aryas.
My budget is 2000$, and i`m looking for a IEM with an Arya like soundpresentation, perhaps with a somewhat stronger punch.

My current IEM favorites are FIIO FH7 and the Mangird Tea. I like the punch of the Campfire Polaris 2 but hate it`s muffled mids and highs.

So, in the vast jungle of IEM`s, which fall close to the Arya?
Hi there. I was wondering whether you have arrived at a choice of IEMs as I similarly love the Arya and was looking for the similar sound signature but in an IEM.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 16, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #6 of 9
I recommended the same in another thread but here I'll go again.
Pears SH3 for the reference sound. The beautiful mids, the amazing highs and the bass(both bass and sub bass) which hits hard but doesn't bloat the sound. Looks beautiful.
Oriolus Mellianus for the balanced sound with amazing bass and sub bass, very good mids and wow highs. Looks beautiful too.
Both the iems have very wide soundstage. I cannot compare as after a certain stage(pardon the pun) I just listen in awe.
Both of them do very good with power and better quality output.
Pears SH2 is also amazing too.

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #7 of 9
Hi there. I was wondering whether you have arrived at a choice of IEMs as I similarly love the Arya and was looking for the similar sound signature but in an IEM.

Thanks in advance.
I would also be interested in this.

I have the Arya and in IEM world I think something like the Thieaudio Monarch II or the U12T would resemble the Arya quite well, although I have not heard them yet.
I do have the Moondrop Variations, which uses a similar driver configuration as the Monarch II but is a little recessed in the lower mids/upper bass, otherwise very good. The Electret tweeters do not have the definition and bite though that the Arya has.
The Monarch should be more about "clarity" by highlighting bass and upper mids, but with supposedly less texture and quality both in bass and treble.
The U12T is famous for it's balance paired with excellent bass speed and slam (for a BA driver...) and extended treble. Should be close to Arya in detail, have better texture in the bass but maybe less rumble.
If you prefer real rumble and subwoofer feeling paired with a generally excellent balanced tuning, the Sony IER-Z1R comes to mind. This one I did listen to several times and it is really exceptional, the most speaker like sound and stage I have heard in an IEM. The only niggle I had with it was that the lower midrange could at times feel a little recessed. And many have issues with their size and fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back