I love my Yuin pk3, should I upgrade to Yuin pk1?
Sep 21, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Everyone, I'm really enjoying the SQ on my Yuin PK3

What do you like about them? I ask because the PK1 supposedly are quite different in terms of frequency range, little bass to speak of. Also from reading people that have owned both seem to keep the PK3 and sell the other.

Sep 21, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #5 of 14
I like the bass and treble response, really good..
this what I read on here...
This is a quote from a review posted much earlier:

"Where PK3s are really weak is highs quality and detail and bass quality and extension, but their mids are about the best I've heard from a headphone in that price range. Compared to PK3s, PK1s sound much better throughout the entire spectrum. The sound signature is quite similar with both, but PK1 does sound noticeably flatter (less colored, more realistic) than PK3. Also, PK1 has significantly deeper bass and MUCH better highs quality and extension. It also has more open sounding and much more detailed mids and much wider soundstage. Overall, I would say that PK1 is a more neutral, bigger sounding, more refined and detailed and better extended version of PK3and definitely worth the price difference IMO"

Sep 21, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where PK3s are really weak is highs quality and detail and bass quality and extension...

Odd, I can't speak from first hand experience with the PK1 but that was my general consensus was from reading reviews. I suppose you would have to judge if that was an honest review or someone hyping them up before selling them... check to see if they own the PK1, my guess is they do not.

Sep 21, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #7 of 14
ok, another reviewer said:

"So basically, I bought the PK2 first, then the PK3, then the PK1 all within the last month. Sold the PK2s, PK3s had a problem with one of the driver's bass rattling so I am going to return it, but wow, the PK1. I have to say that it probably is the best earbud ever, can sound like full sized cans, very big sounding. Very detailed treble, toned mids, and very present yet extremely fast and punchy bass. I liked the PK3s, but the PK1s just blew it away completely. Great earbud."

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #8 of 14
I say if you can find this many good reviews go for it!
wink.gif

What's possible is the people reviewing them saying they have good detailed sound, big bass are coupling it with an amp. While those sharing their dislike for the PK1 don't have an amp and therefore it seems lacking to them. So the question is does it require an amp and would you purchase one for this desired sound?

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #9 of 14
I had the PK1 for a while before getting the OK1. For me I found that it worked well unamped, but there was an improvement when it was amped. I would recommend it but I cant say to much about the PK3 since I never really got to use them. Also the PK1 has that wonderful size that just perfect for me. You might also want to look at the OK series, I think the OK2 might be a good choice and it does not need an amp like the pK1 to o its best.

Sep 21, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #10 of 14
I have not heard the PK1. My understanding is the PK1 must be amped in order to enjoy them. But you can read that for yourself.

I own both the PK3 and the PK2. I don't amp either one. I prefer the PK2 but enjoy both. The PK3 has more raw bass but the PK2 is smoother and has the better tone.

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #11 of 14
Thanks everyone for your comments,
I think its a matter of preference, I like lots of bass and detail which I don't think is possible with earbuds..
Cos either it has good bass and lacks detail (pk3)
or has lots of detail but lacks bass (PK2)

Sep 21, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #13 of 14
Yeah, I used to use the PK3 and after I upgraded to PK1, I still use it straight out of my iPhone and iPod. Sure, I can hear the difference between amped and unamped, but either way, I still think PK1 is still better than PK3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back