I love my Sony NWZ-F806 but need a DAP with physical buttons!
Feb 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Aquanote

100+ Head-Fier
what i like about the f806 when i compare it to the other sony's i have (nwz-a826, nwz-s545) is the fantastic soundstage and the details. the background noise is a little loud for my taste.

can someone recommend me a dap with physical buttons like play, pause, forward etc.. I hate to always take it out of my jacket just so i can skip a song :/

i dont care about video functions and the likes as long as the sound is good (of course)

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #3 of 4
The lack of physical buttons to control music playback is one reason I keep using my A867.  Sony has discontinued the A Series, but there is still some stocked in stores in Japan.  You'd have to import it.

An alternative you may want to consider is Bluetooth headphones that work with your F806.  These headphones usually have playback controls that allow you to play, pause, skip and play previous songs.  Sony does make these too.

Feb 23, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #4 of 4
I would recommend trying to get an A86X. It sounds really good, it has physical buttons, although they are rather sensible and you have to constantly use the hold button if you don't want your music to be skipping or pausing because the buttons press on your jacket.

Another "geeky" solution, if you are into gadgets is getting a Sony Smartwatch (100€), it syncs with any Android device via Bluetooth (your F806) and you will have access to the media player buttons on your wrist, alongside notifications and other info if you are connected to the internet (twitter, facebook, gtalk...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back