I love my RE0's and own SR80's. What next?
Jan 15, 2010 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

curenut73

New Head-Fier
I am sorry for this post because I hate reading these, but I have been reading for weeks and am no closer to a decision.
I LOVE my RE0 iems, which I have owned now for about 4 months. I never knew I could love treble as much as I do since I switched to these from Sennheiser IE6's. I have had my trusty Grado SR80's for 8 years and always loved them for listening to my various Ipods at home, until I bought the RE0's and now find the Grados lacking in treble and detail. I would like to spend between $200 and $300 on a full size set of phones that will get me the treble, detail and tight punchy bass that I enjoy with my RE0's. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 15, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #4 of 10
I would definitely look into one of the Audio Technica "Air" headphones. Those are very treble-focused headphones. I have the AD700's and have heard the AD2000's and I can attest to the fact that both are excellent, although the AD2k's are not quite worth the money. Look into the AD900. From what I hear, it fixes the problems in the AD700 where the 700's have some treble resolution issues and are a little uneven at times.

edit: Oh, and those AT headphones are like Grados...they're low-impedance and very non-amp friendly.

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #5 of 10
Thank you MD1032. I have been reading up on the AD900 and really think they will be EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Now I just have to find them. Very few online shops seem to sell them, and the ones that do have a wait to get them. Is Audio Technica updating their line? I really hope they haven't stopped manufacturing them.

Jan 20, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #6 of 10
Have you looked around in the FS forums? Usually you can find a better price there anyway.

Jan 20, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #7 of 10
For more treble, look at the Grado SR325is too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #8 of 10
I found a mint condition "used" pair of ad900's on the Guitar Center website Monday, after searching for someone with them in stock for a few days. I recieved them in the mail a few hours ago, and feel I chose well. Paid $249 for them and they look flawless from what I can see. Sound is very near what I had envisioned as a wider version of my re0's. I'm a happy camper for now, and want to thank everyone here for the wealth of opinions and information that make purchase decisions easier and less stressful.

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #9 of 10
pretty nice price, hope ya keep on enjoying 'em
smile.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would definitely look into one of the Audio Technica "Air" headphones. Those are very treble-focused headphones. I have the AD700's and have heard the AD2000's and I can attest to the fact that both are excellent, although the AD2k's are not quite worth the money. Look into the AD900. From what I hear, it fixes the problems in the AD700 where the 700's have some treble resolution issues and are a little uneven at times.

edit: Oh, and those AT headphones are like Grados...they're low-impedance and very non-amp friendly.

x2 on the AD900. They have excellent treble, sound sig is similar to the RE0 imo, and sounds great out of an ordinary aux terminal of an mp3 player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back