I love my HP-2s
Jun 2, 2007 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

juzmister

Headphoneus Supremus
I've had them for around a month now, put them up for IC for some amp, and wow do i regret ever thinking of posting that. These sound incredible, just so fun, they get my foot tapping-Refind HF-1s...They put a smile on my face. So who else loves their HP-2s?

Jun 2, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 25
Aren't the HP-2s supposed to be very neutral cans? It's not often I hear them being described as "fun".

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 25
As long as you are happy. Will I get to hear them at a future meet?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #6 of 25
Of course, when will the next meet be though? I'm going away soon, will be back late July...We can have a meet then? I'm debating buying HE60s as a complement to the HP-2s, but i'm not sure what to do.

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #7 of 25
Yep, they are world class phones for sure.

I regret selling mine every single day that passes.

Of corse the pain has lessened quite a bit since I got my paws on a pair of PS-1s (which I prefer over even the mighty HP-2s). Even so, I would still like to own a pair of HP-2s once again some day.

Glad to hear you are enjoying them. My advice is: Do not ever sell them unless you become destitute and need to raise money. Take it from someone who learned the hard way.

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #8 of 25
Great to hear that you enjoy the HP-2!
I would not mind hearing or owning a pair myself

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, they are world class phones for sure.

I regret selling mine every single day that passes.

Of corse the pain has lessened quite a bit since I got my paws on a pair of PS-1s (which I prefer over even the mighty HP-2s). Even so, I would still like to own a pair of HP-2s once again some day.

Glad to hear you are enjoying them. My advice is: Do not ever sell them unless you become destitute and need to raise money. Take it from someone who learned the hard way.

haha, now to figure out if I want to sell my L3000s for a pair of HE60s/Stax 717

Jun 2, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #11 of 25
The HP-2's were one of my all time favorites, bar none.
Unfortunately, my children were very young at that time and they took a toll on them! They eventually fell apart.
My only complaint with their sound was the top-end. They seemed very rolled off in the extreme treble to my ears. Of course at that time I also owned a pair of Stax Lambda Pro Signatures which had a very extended and airy top-end.
I heard that this aspect of the HP-2's sound could be much improved with an upgrade cable.
I would love to find another pair and upgrade the cable.

Jun 2, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #13 of 25
Yup...I love mine as well. They are quite neutral but because of that they allow me to really connect to the music in a very special way. Hence, my listening sessions with them are very musically enjoyable and just downright fun. The HP-1000's get out of the way and I find myself engaged with listening each and every single time I put them on. I just wish that it didn't take me ownership of HP's on 3 previous occasions to finally realize that
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 8:23 AM Post #14 of 25
these are great cans, extremely neutral but in no way boring! and yes, they are fun.

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #15 of 25
I love my HP2s as well...yes they are neutral, but they are definitely fun, because they bring a smile to my face everytime. The HP2 and the W5K marked the end of my headphone journey, quite happily so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back