I love Klipsch packaging!
Aug 19, 2008 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lewislink

Banned
There's one thing among many that I love and admire about Klipsch packaging, the many seals. There are 3 actual containers before getting to the goods and each container has its own seal. I love that! Talk about assurance of newness.

This is a company that thinks properly about what the customer appreciates and needs.

Thanks, Klipsch, for the fine products and well designed and secure packaging.

Aug 19, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 13
I actually hated packaging for both the X10 and X5...it might have looked pretty, but was annoyingly difficult to open.

You can design better packaging without having to play the box inside a box inside a box game.

Aug 19, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #4 of 13
lewislink, which ones did you get? I have a pair of Custom-2s which I'm contemplating on probably giving away or selling or maybe just going into the junk drawer. I feel that it's sound is a bit congested and overly colored. Gives a great thump but at the expense of muddying up the rest of the spectrum. Tomahawk should be at home waiting for me, I'm going to try to see if amping them will help things a bit (even though these things are only 16 ohms). If not, bye bye Custom-2's and hello whatever in-ears I'm going to end up getting, whatever the future ones will be, they shall be an upgrade
wink.gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 13
I got the Image X10s. But I'm your candidate on the give aways
smily_headphones1.gif
hehe

Ah man! I'm Homerin' for a Tomahawk! I have my eyes set on a black one with gold knob. I just need $150 more and it's mine. All I need is for someone to buy something in my list worth $150.

Aug 19, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #6 of 13
I wonder what I should replace my Custom-2s with. They kind of have a Grados sound to them except much more closer to your head for obvious reasons. How do I explain this, they try to achieve a open air set of headphones but in turn comes away coloring the sound in a negative way (I wouldn't have minded coloring the sound signature to give it a livelier sound, but this just comes away congested). I don't totally hate them but coming from ultra precise Etys and then using full sized phones at home, the Custom-2s just sounds like they are having a identity crisis to my ears.

Aug 19, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #7 of 13
Ah, the switchout issue I often suffer from. That's why I'm needing to give these Images a lot of listening because my ears will acclimate to a particular phone and perception will fill in for or remove the undesirables. When I put these Images in I wasn't blown away but am now coming to appreciate them. I've had them in for about two hours now and they are sounding much better and the sound is resembling something very sophisticated.

This happened to me with the HD RE2s, when I put them in, they sounded near awesome, then after listening for a few days, whenever I would put them in I felt fatigued after a little while because the sound was so lifeless and dull to me. The tones were great but the lifelessness of those tones just bored me to misery.

These Images are slowly coming alive for me. The bass is already impressive...not necessarily the amount but the control. Even though the amount is plentiful.

Aug 19, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #8 of 13
Update, listened to the custom twos through the Tomahawk for about two hours, it is now a lot less congested and the definition is more up front now! Best way to describe this is with one word... SOUNDSTAGE. Opened up quite a bit there's not quite a lift to the imaging and depth. Guess I'll be keeping these around for a bit. The Tomahawk needs a bit of burning in though, the sibilance needs to tame itself a tad. Loving the amp, drives my Ultrasone Pro 650 and Proline 2500 pretty darn well!

Aug 20, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So much packaging...isn't this bad for the environment?

I don't know. I would like to think audiophiles who buy these expensive products don't throw out the packaging, I don't. I like to hang onto all of the packaging I may need some day. Of course, I keep mine in relatively great shape, too.

Aug 20, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #11 of 13
I use the packaging to make shelters for orphaned animals. No...I lie. I keep them too, for no apparent reason. At some point we'll have to reuse or, more likely, recycle our boxes. You know what I hate? The hard plastic shells headphones always come in. Thick bloody things I have to cut open. I'm sure that's bad for the environment.

Aug 20, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thick bloody things I have to cut open. I'm sure that's bad for the environment.

...not to mention that at the end you will probably be bloody and cut open too.
k701smile.gif

Aug 26, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know. I would like to think audiophiles who buy these expensive products don't throw out the packaging, I don't. I like to hang onto all of the packaging I may need some day. Of course, I keep mine in relatively great shape, too.

Even if you don't throw out the packaging, it still consumed resources to make it. Personally, I save all my packaging too, but excess packaging is still excess, no matter what you do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back