I love John Grado
Nov 5, 2005 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

pjr300

100+ Head-Fier
What a guy! He creates a headphone for his niche fanatic users at $200 that not only blows away everything else is his prestiege line (even the stuff priced at over $300), it gets constant comparison to the Signature line RS-2 phones at $500. No the HF-1 isn't better than the RS-2, but it's surely in the same league.

This is the same cool price/performance/value equation that Uncle Joe used to offer with his cartrdges... the Signatures and many other models. The HF-1 is the best deal in audio today.

Now John, if you put these HF-1 drivers in the metal HP-1000 housings, call it the HF-2, and sell it for $350, my love converts to a marriage offer.
rs1smile.gif

Nov 5, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #3 of 16
Yeah . . john called. He says he just wants to be friends. Sorry.

tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
They're fine headphones, I know it will be my last Grado
smily_headphones1.gif

you'd wish
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2005 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
Unless theres something significantly better than the RS-1 I'm good
eggosmile.gif

edit: oh crap I forgot I'll probably end up getting the street styles
smily_headphones1.gif

cough*Ps1*cough

Nov 5, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
Yeah, the guy is way cool. Someone convince him to post here a lot, instead of just sponsering and making us exclusive headphones!
rs1smile.gif

I'm really interested if he does prefer HD580 to HD650. That would be nice of him he to answer himself.
600smile.gif

Nov 5, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #11 of 16
Hmmmm…. John Grado is the primary driving force behind the current line of headphones. Still I believe the driver design is based upon Joe Grado’s designs, and let’s not forget the extremely talented Mr. Chapis. Let’s just say that John Grado stands on some Very Broad Shoulders.

Of the 48+ patents that Grado Labs holds how many were thought up by John Grado?

I would bow down before Joe Grado (primarily for his cartridge designs), and I applaud John Grado for continuing the tradition.

As to the HF-1’s; I haven’t heard them, but I’ll be keeping my SR-325i’s

Nov 5, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
at the moment I'm more into liking more his brother Joe

worship
tongue.gif

Joe is actually his Uncle.

Nov 6, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
coughcough*Ps1*coughcough