I love hip-hop and I love hearing my 2 Alpines bump in my SUV
Aug 30, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #32 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skip the Denon D2000s, they don't have a deep bass like the Sonys or even Ultrasones for that matter, they also need an expensive amp to sound somewhat decent.

The Denons do go quite deep, actually. Tested and verified. What the Ultrasone offers is demonstrably tighter bass, with the advantages of impact and detail. When I had the Denons I also thought they sounded acceptable unamped. They do improve with an amp though. The main reason not to get the AH-D2000 these days is I don't think they're worth the $350 MSRP. When they were going for the $200 range it was a much stronger case.

Aug 30, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #33 of 39
You're not going to find headphones that replicate the sound of car subwoofers.

It's just not going to happen.

Aug 31, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #35 of 39
If you're trying to find "balanced" headphones that have good bass for a low price and can't afford D2K's, maybe you can try Equation RP21's. They are cheaper and low end is suppose to be good.

Also, if you want your ears to feel the bass for low budget price and don't mind using earbuds, you might want to try Sennheiser CX300. They are decent all around, but high end is lacking.

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePope3290 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the D2000's are pretty much out of the question. I don't know if I can find them for under $200, and plus I hear they are only at their best with an amp.

Hey, you need a decent amp to make your subs in your car SUV work, so why not your phones? This whole thing is the same game as the car stereo world, except a hell of a lot cheaper.

Sounds like you would be satisfied with the D2000's I love the them for the low-end response. but unless you can find em used, lowest used price is $217 shipped.

If your REALLY into that whole body projection of low frequencies, then you might consider Buttkicker products to use with your headphones or home system. I'm considering getting the one that attaches to your chair.

Aug 31, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #39 of 39
DT770 PRO 80 Ohm... All that's needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back