I lost my SE535s...
Mar 24, 2015 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

heeeraldo

100+ Head-Fier
...and now I'm wondering if I should replace them with another pair, or try out something else:

1. I'm using them unamped out of an iPhone 5S, with the three-button mic cable,
  2. musically I'm all over the place; see http://www.last.fm/user/heeeraldo for an actual quantification of my listening habits,
  3. I wasn't unhappy with the sound of the 535s,
  4. I don't have a firm budget, but I'd like to keep it under $300 Canadian (which is about $240 US right now.)
  5. I used them mostly during my transit commute, so the isolation was super handy.

I think that should be a good start; thanks for looking and feel free to ask more questions if it'll make for better recommendations!

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #2 of 5
Sorry you find yourself without the SE535 - ouch!

What would you change if you could alter the SE535s? This will give us a good guide as to what to recommend.

You weren't unhappy with them, but were you happy?

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 5
good news! I found them! I don't need to either buy a new pair or find equivalents (and that's a $700 relief, since I'm in Canada.)

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #5 of 5
I mean, it might be worth attempting the filter mod on them, but aside from maybe more soundstage and a bit more presence on the top and bottom ends I'm pretty happy with the sound I'm getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back