I lost my D2 need advice
Jun 9, 2009 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Libertad

1000+ Head-Fier
Since 2007 i've added a 16GB SDHC card to it and have loved it to death. Its been thrown droped and just about everything thing else even dropped in the toilet and still kept on fighting. It was scratched to hell and back the menu button was stuck the battery was around 12ish hrs of use and the power/lock button is gone (i use a knife to turn it on). No other player PERIOD i've ever used has been as tough but sadly as of yesterday i can not find it anywhere in my appartment.
frown.gif
So in light of this i am strongly cosidering a 16GB D2 since mine was a 2GB but im open to other options of course sound quality is important but i wouldn't mind something smaller i looked at the sansa view and fuze since there thin cheap have good storage expandible and from what i gather shouldn't sound to bad to boot but id still like your guys advise

FYI if i do find it again im just going to keep using it until it totally craps out

Jun 11, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 7
Thrown in the toilet?
eek.gif

I think durability should be at the top of your list - i would suggest a Sansa Clip, only because it can take a serious beating. But the downside is no expandability...

Jun 11, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 7
If you didn't use the touch screen that much and stuff like calculator, notepad, dictionary and flash games, then I would recommend the sansa fuze.. bought it recently for my gf's sister's bday present and played around with it while loading it up with tunes. I like the simple interface, drag and drop addin and the sound quality was quite decent. Obviously no customizating like the D2 had, but right out of the box, it sounded pretty good

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 7
*sighs* its official i need a new DAP. A coworker approached me today telling me they found it...in the parking lot and ummmmmmm...yeah i need a new DAP now

ill have around $250 right now these are on my list of interest

D2 16GB (mine was a 2GB R.I.P little buddy)
fuze (im shooting for the 8GB)
View (because 32GB flash is very sexy right now)

ill definitely try to take better care of my gear if its any consolation to me my headphones weren't there for the massacre so i still have them and it get me a chance to get a better DAP

Yin and Yang i guess huh

Jun 12, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #7 of 7
Stay away from the view. It uses a different audio chipset than the fuze/clip and doesnt sound as good. It is also notorious for buggy firmware, though some claim that it's gotten better with updates.

I think the fuze is better if you intend to use an amp, since it's cheaper and would allow you to get a decent amp. It also has a very clean line out.

The D2 is a great standalone player and I've been watching prices myself. Very tempting is the 8gb D2+ at the zon for $125.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back