I like my superfi.3 more than my e4c...
Jul 2, 2007 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

robinclp

100+ Head-Fier
I don't know.... the more i listen and compare them both, I think i prefer the superfi.3 more lol

The superfi.3 sounds less harsh and puts less stress to my ears. I feel more relaxed listening to them. I think music wasn't meant for critical listening but more of an enjoyment.

What's more.... the tube of the superfi.3 is wider compared to the narrow e4c tube. When listening to the e4c with foams, i feel like music is pumped into my ears instead of flowing smoothly into my ears like the superfi.3.

I feel like i can listen to the superfi.3 for a longer period of time compared to the e4c. Everytime i listen to the e4c, i have minor headaches or i feel like air is leaking through my eardrums (damage to eardrums?)

I keep trying to convince myself that the e4c sounds better cos of the price tag but i realized when it comes to audio equipments, it all depends on personal preferences
580smile.gif

Jul 2, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 5
The Super.fi 3 was my first true IEM. Second was the E4g. I sold the E4's pretty quick since they were just a shade better for over a hundred $$ more. I then bought the 5 Pro which, to me, improved enough over the 3 to be worth the cost and I sold the 3's off. Of course, I grew tired of the 5 Pros lack of seperation, extension, and less clarity after about three weeks(the stiff clear cable didn't help any either) and went to the Triples.

I do think the 3 has harsh treble compared to the E4 and is quite fatiguing. I got a RS gold series attenuator pretty quick to help out on that. That was one reason I went on to try the Shure's but I felt some serious diminishing returns with their performance with my sources.

Yeah, the narrower sound tube gives less soundstage. It is easier for them as far as tip manufacture, say, compared to UE whose foamies are crap. They never will, but they could go to canalphone width sound tubes and get some serious soundstage like the Vibes, s-Jays, etc. Best I've heard still came from a canalphone(FX-55).

Jul 3, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #5 of 5
I love my sf3 too, more than my um1. The SQ is just so pleasing. I just wish the large barrels that give such lovely soundstage would fit and stay in as well as the um1's thinner ones.
You guys seen the thread where the TS replaced the sf3 cable with the westone ES custom cable? Claims that the sound is vastly improved. Looking into getting a set to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back