I Like my Re0's more than TF 10 ?!?!?!?
Nov 23, 2009 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

limathy

100+ Head-Fier
on exams at the moment, and the re0's just came in the mail. Initially bought it as something to use when i didnt want to bring my TF10's for ease of putting in/out eg library etc.

After about 2 days of use, I love the smoothness and balance. Admittedly the TF10 does quite a few things better, but for ease of fit and comfort the re0 wins.

Will do a proper comparison in a week or two.

Anyone else prefer them over the TF10's? (never thought I'd say that, loved the TF10's till these came.)

Nov 23, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #2 of 10
Don't let the price or reputation get in the way of enjoying the product. Even if you were saying you like a super cheap IEM over a super expensive IEM (at least in certain situations), there's no reason not to trust your own ears. That goes doubly so for a known-to-be-great IEM like the RE0. Why pass up a more enjoyable product for a product that you "should" like more but don't?

Nov 23, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #3 of 10
Personal preference is king.

For example, I hated the RE0. I hated it worse then the V-Moda Vibe or Yuin PK2, neither stellar products, neither remotely close to the TF10. I think the RE0 is a fundamentally good earphone. It's just that I would literally buy a V-Moda Vibe over it.
tongue.gif

Always let your ears decide. Everyone has their own perception of ideal, and everyone is seeking something that gets as close to that ideal as possible. To a lot of people, the RE0 is quite close. Just from a functional standpoint, it is a very good earphone. From a performance standpoint, it is too. It's just personal preference always rules in the end.

Nov 23, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #4 of 10
nothing to do with... needing to like more expensive products..
a week ago i loved my TF10's and was completely satisfied with it
Its one of those unexpected surprises that i'm going to be keeping around for a while to come.

Nov 23, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #6 of 10
Use what you personally prefer. The UE design of most of their products have always personally given me a bad fit and seemed too bulky and stick out too far.

Nov 23, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #7 of 10
Some days I feel the same way about the S4s and the UM3X. Not every day, but some days. Nice to have quality options, no? I even like the im616s the most some days (of my three main IEMs), which have an Ety-based sound, but cost me $17. Go figure.

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #9 of 10
Hi guys,

New to the forum. But I have been reading a lot lately, and yep! I was already sorry about my wallet, and now I think I should just get really drunk and hide it in my girlfriend's house or something. This way I don't know where it is
tongue.gif

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #10 of 10
S#$t! I forgot to mention that I had the TF10 for 2 weeks back in May. Sold it, and got the UM3X base on the good reviews here. Now... I have heard the RE0 and it's quite good as well. However, I do like the detail of my UM3X more.

Now I am thinking.... UPGRADE TIME??!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back