I know Todd Green. He sells turntables
Sep 30, 2003 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
Wow,

You got your own forum. Since you're working from home now,do you sit around in your underwear all day? Do you get to listen to music a lot during the day? Do you open the boxes of all the cool gear you sell so that you can try it out?

I'm jealous and I just want to know how the typical day of a fellow vinyl junkie unfolds.

Sep 30, 2003 at 11:58 AM Post #2 of 10
Just wanted to say thanks on bringing the flat pads back.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2003 at 2:36 PM Post #3 of 10
HI Tubes,

Well, I hate to disappoint you but I shower and dress first thing every morning so I'm not replying sitting here in my drawers. I do have a big smile though and am having a lot of fun putting this business together. I do get to listen to a lot more music than I did before which is good because I love music but it also means the phone is not yet ringing off of the hook
biggrin.gif

I have been playing with some new gear and hope to have a few new things up on the site soon. The Sophia amps have a lot of potential but I am still breaking them in. Looks like there will be a package with them and a pair of AKG K1000 in the near future.

As you know the day of a vinyl junkie begins at the record cleaning machine preparing vinyl for play. Then it is off to the turntable for play. Then back to my chair for a listen. Ah, this is the life. But, please feel free to interrupt me at any time with headphone or vinyl questions.

Mclaren20, you are welcome!!!

Todd

Sep 30, 2003 at 3:02 PM Post #4 of 10
Hello Todd,

I was wondering if you had a preference between pads for grados. I know your former work place had their "official preference", but what's your, if you don't mind me asking that is
rs1smile.gif

Sep 30, 2003 at 3:09 PM Post #5 of 10
Hi SENOR4Q,

I actually like the current bowl pads with the current line of Grado headphones. The flat pads were very good with the older models but I never got a chance to put the new pads on an old Grado headphone to compare. I do recall liking the HP1000 and hope to come to a meet sometime soon so I can try both pads out on one.

The flat pads on the current line had more slam than I like and the bowls seemed to smooth them out some.

Todd

Sep 30, 2003 at 7:00 PM Post #6 of 10
Hi Todd,

It's nice to see your business taking off. Now tell us, what kind of equipment do you have in your personal setup? Do you know how many records you own?

I've recently started a small vinyl collection of my own, that is slowly but steadily growing. I don't know what it is, but there is something very cool about vinyl. You mentioned cleaning your vinyl before playing it. Is that pretty standard before playing each disc? I grew up in the CD age so I'm a little new to vinyl, even though my family has always had a turntable in the house. I was wondering if you could give some tips on how to properly handle and play vinyl. Maybe even how to properly clean it. I really enjoy the discs I have and want them to last. Putting tips on your site for newbies like me would be a very cool idea. You could get into things like how to set up, and get the most out of your tone arm etc.

Anyway, good luck with your new business.

Sep 30, 2003 at 11:10 PM Post #7 of 10
Hi Tim,

OK, here is a rundown of my system as it is today.
I am using a Bluenote Belvedere Turntable with a Bluenote Bellarie tonearm and a Bluenote Baldinotti cartridge. I had just changed it out of my displays and was using a SOTA Star with a Sumiko 309 tonearm and Grado Statement. Both are excellent combos and I am trying to sort out which I like better.
I have a Meridian 507 for a cd player, An old Krell preamp, Ray Samuels phono stage, EAR 534 amp all wired with DiMarzio M-Path interconnects and Super M-Path speaker cables running into DiMarzio Speakers and Buggtussel Amygdala speakers which I am testing.
I currently use a Cosmic Reference for my headphone amp and Grado RS1, Sennheiser HD600 with Cardas cable and Etymotic ER4S headphones. I am also in the middle of testign the AKG K1000 headphones with the Sophia EL-34 amp. So far it is pretty good!

In my opinion, you cannot underestimate the improvement you will get by using a record cleaner. It will change each and every old record you have into a new piece of vinyl. It cannot remove scratches but it can remove mold, gunk and other nasties that accumulate over time. You will not miss the pops and ticks when they disappear.

Your suggestion to add some newbie vinyl tips on my site has been noted and added to the LONG list of things I have to do. Thanks for the very good suggestion and I will get it done in time.

Todd

Oct 1, 2003 at 1:16 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Todd
I do have a big smile though and am having a lot of fun putting this business together.

Good for you Todd, that's fantastic !

Best of luck !

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back