I KNOW HOW THE LAST HARRY POTTER BOOK ENDS!
Jul 21, 2007 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

TheMarchingMule

Headphoneus Supremus
Heh, just kidding.
tongue.gif

I just wanted to see how many views this topic gets. The book has only been out...what, 46 minutes?

Jul 21, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #5 of 16
I opened that link and read the spoilers. And, you know, not one thing there meant a damn thing to me. I guess when i was a man, I put away childish things.

Jul 21, 2007 at 9:09 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by antiant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ hahaha, yeah really, it's crazy how people go nuts over this stuff, when there are more important things in life

Doesn't mean you have to go ahead an ruin it for others like you did in the other HP thread.

Jul 21, 2007 at 9:21 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

^^ hahaha, yeah really, it's crazy how people go nuts over this stuff, when there are more important things in life

Sure, I mean it's just hype. The books may be decent, but it all gets blown out of proportion and scope. But it's all in the name of fun. That's what it boils down to. A momentary rush of excitement, something to brush away the yawns for a couple days and give you something to talk about with your friends or co-workers. Tonight's book parties around the country were like a second Halloween giving kids a chance to dress up and do whatever the hell you do at a Harry Potter book release party. Two weeks ago it was the iphone's release. Next week it will be Barry Bonds. And the little breaks from the perpetual tedium called life roll out from the hype machine...

did I mention I work for the press?

Jul 21, 2007 at 10:22 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, I mean it's just hype. The books may be decent, but it all gets blown out of proportion and scope. But it's all in the name of fun. That's what it boils down to. A momentary rush of excitement, something to brush away the yawns for a couple days and give you something to talk about with your friends or co-workers. Tonight's book parties around the country were like a second Halloween giving kids a chance to dress up and do whatever the hell you do at a Harry Potter book release party. Two weeks ago it was the iphone's release. Next week it will be Barry Bonds. And the little breaks from the perpetual tedium called life roll out from the hype machine...

did I mention I work for the press?

LOL you've pretty much summed up my thoughts, it's the same sh** differeint toilet as they say...'hype' indeed, i just find it absolutely funny how hysterical people get though, over absolutely 'nothing'...that is what is weird imo...it's actually sad when you really think about it compared to other priorities

Jul 21, 2007 at 10:23 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't mean you have to go ahead an ruin it for others like you did in the other HP thread.

it's not that serious...it's a FICTIONAL book, for heaven's sake

Jul 21, 2007 at 11:20 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

So what? I personally think it's drivel, but what gives you the right to spoil other people's fun?

Stop being judgemental of what other people read or take interest in, and respect them.

Edit:

To put it in perspective, think about headphones. To someone else (the majority of the populace, most likely) they're most likely saying: "He spent how much on headphones!? It's not that serious, they're only HEADPHONES for heaven's sake."

Of course, to us there's more to it than that. But it hammers home the fact that it's all subjective.

Jul 21, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #13 of 16
Harry Potter could be blown up by terrorists, sent to prison on child **** charges, or end the book as an old fat man with varicose veins and I would not care in any way.

The Harry Potter books are without question the greatest example of hype over substance yet in the media age, and that's saying something.

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

No you are a f%$%ing *****hole, too bad you don't live around my place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back