I killed my moms mx400's
Dec 2, 2003 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

zool

500+ Head-Fier
I thought they sounded crap, even with my super mini.. So I tried tweaking them a bit by removing the foam, but I ended up killing the right earbud. Nobody told me that the lower part of the earbud was glued, I kind of yanked it bit too much *doh!*
blink.gif

I'm going to get her a pair of new earbuds, any tips? mx400 are worthless imho, it was painful listening to them.

I've had a bunch of sony's myself.. only one of them were actually good, it's a pair of water resistant earbuds and the model name is MDR-E560. Good, clean and deep sounding buds.. The bass is surprisingly good coming from a pair of earbuds.. Earbuds usaly have lousy bass. I can't find any info about these buds on the net though. Guess they aren't made anymore. Never seen them in stores either, my dad got them for me when he was traveling allot... Don't remember which country it was.

Mine has taken some beating over the years though and the right earbud gives a weird noise some times when bass gets too heavy (not too often though). They still sound great and I prefer them over my D66 eggo cans during winter time. I like to wear my cap when it's cold, so the eggos are really not an option.. Plus the eggo head band gets really "loose" in cold environments.. Anyone else notice this? It stops clamping and sort of straightens out.

Anyway.. Anyone else had experience with the MDR-E560 buds? Anyone know if there is a replacement model for these buds. I want to get a pair of new ones for my dear mother
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2003 at 7:53 PM Post #2 of 9
I'm my experience the Senn MX's are very dependent on the ear of the listener....especially as far as size is concerned. Mine sound a bit thin without the foam but pack an amazing punch with the foam on (and I have no discomfort at all from listening or having them in my ears). Bass is far better than either my MDR-A34 or MDR-A44 (both of which have more than any other bud I've heard). Note, however, that neither of these is a bud...they're in-ear, over the head type. My ears, however, are larger than normal from what I've gathered. The MX is pretty big.

As far as a replacement, if it sounds good it is good I suppose. I mean how much are you really out for the 400s? $14 bucks like I paid? Try somethin and see (funny you mention parents...my parents both recieved MX400s from me last year when I bought my HD580s and LOVE them compared to the sony street styles they used at the gym prior).

Dec 2, 2003 at 9:18 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by zool
mx400 are worthless imho, it was painful listening to them.

you have seen the light.... now go forth and continue to spread the bad word on the mx400 blind-followers.

Dec 2, 2003 at 10:57 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by eighteen_psi
I'm my experience the Senn MX's are very dependent on the ear of the listener....especially as far as size is concerned. Mine sound a bit thin without the foam but pack an amazing punch with the foam on

I'm talking about the foam inside the earbud.. I guess it's mainly there to protect dust from coming in at the rear gaps of the phone.. It's a little piece of foam that is glued on.. Not sure if you can change your mind once you've ripped it off... So beware! I don't really recommend this tweak since you have to break the phones open in order to do it, just at the bottom though, where it is glued. Anyway I pulled too hard to get the damn earbud open and I pulled off some microscopic wires in there while doing it. So one of the buds is totally dead.
frown.gif

Dec 2, 2003 at 10:57 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
you have seen the light.... now go forth and continue to spread the bad word on the mx400 blind-followers.

I bet you have small ears.

Dec 4, 2003 at 11:46 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Nights_85
they look like those sports type crap that sony makes

Well, yeah. But mx400 is a hell of allot more crap then these are imho. As far as earbuds go, these are the best ones I've heard so far.. And I've owned countless amounts of earbuds, my dad use to buy me new ones every time he travelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back