I killed my DT880-but want more
Nov 21, 2006 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sevenjohn

New Head-Fier
After a carefull re-cable of my DT880(03) with canare starquad I was really enjoying the sound as a complete change from my HD650+V2, but I took things apart again to sheath the small section around the headband.

Well i wasn't too relaxed when I did it - fluffed it up- one of the tabs in the driver popped out along with that tiny little wire -and i did a reverse zoom. Not wanting to be put off diy'ing I immediately set to work doing a mod on my dac-ah, this turned out to be successful- no more clipping. You know what they say..fall off your bike...

Anyway, I know for sure that I'm gonna miss the beyer sound and while I do enjoy my sennheisers I feel like getting new beyers, and if the new ones are an improvement on the old ones then I'll think about parting with my senns(well thats what I'm telling myself). What I liked about the old ones was the airiness, soundstage and clarity on the highend, and whilst the bass was leaner than the 650's it seemed more energetic or dynamic.

Anybody with experience of the old Dt880s gone on to get the new 880's or 990's and compared them alongside 650's. I know the new 990's are supposed to be more bassy or 'coloured' than the 880- but is this anyway near like what i'd call the hd650's bloom. I'll be running them off a modified (successfully!) X-can v2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back