I just went from E3 > E4
Aug 25, 2005 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dura

Headphoneus Supremus
For about half a minute I felt a pang of disappointment the differences seemed minimal, after that I did hear differences, impressive differences.
Gone is the veil due to rolled off high, very impressive bass giving a weightier sound, very natural, dynamic mids.
Great detail, without being bright, so less the perfect recorded music is still listenable.
After 30 minutes I realized I absolutely loved them, and now, a few hours later, I have to use the old cliché of hearing things on familiair albums I never...etc.
The combination with my NW-HD1 (filled with Atrac 3+ 256 kbs albums) is perfect.
Anyone finding these phones lacking in bass is using the wrong player, like an ipod or so.
Only problem is, still no big soundstage, but other then that they are perfect for my taste, and unlike the E3 I find they do not need EQ-ing.

So was it worth the money going from the E3 to the E4?
Yes, definately, these are the phones for me!!

Aug 25, 2005 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 4
I got mine 1 1/2 months ago and was dissapointed until I tried a pair of comply tips yesterday. Now I really like them, but I still give my super.fis the edge for now..

Aug 25, 2005 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Great post!

I just received my E3C's this week and have to say compared to my regular headphones, Sony's MDR-V6, the sound was a less than expected. The lows sound really nice but the highs seem lacking, as your review described. I'm considering sending the E3C's back and going with the E4C's.

Rob

Aug 25, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 4
Tastes and sources differ Rob, but if I were you, I'd go for the e4 right away.
For me there is no going back. The E3 are nice, but have obvious faults, the e4 is near perfect IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back