I just realized what K701s actually remind me of...
Mar 4, 2006 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
akg_news_1.jpg

stormtroopers.jpg

icon10.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
have you seen larrys stormtrooper mod?

I have.

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23
Isn't that getting kinda old?
biggrin.gif

Is it? I must have missed previous comparisons... don't recall any others. It's the "toilet bowl" one that I think is old and too often repeated.

Edit -- probably should have figured that someone else would have made the connection before
tongue.gif
. It hit me while I was reading another thread with someone comparing full size cans to "princess leia headphones."

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Is it? I must have missed previous comparisons... don't recall any others. It's the "toilet bowl" one that I think is old and too often repeated.

While I would agree that the toilet bowl comparison is more oftent used, I have also seen the stormtrooper helmet analogy used on several occasions as well.

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #8 of 14
Hi fewtch,
a while ago, larry from headphile opened on up, He than painted the 701 screens black for a two tone color.

After that, Larrys 701s have been known as the stormtrooper akgs
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23
While I would agree that the toilet bowl comparison is more oftent used, I have also seen the stormtrooper helmet analogy used on several occasions as well.

Ahh well, my bad... missed that analogy somehow, or maybe it was buried in my subconscious. Anyway, maybe I'm the first to post pictures of both.

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #10 of 14
Just because the "toilet bowl" comparison is overused doesn't make it any less true.
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #12 of 14
Yeah, for some reason my Buck Rogers analogy never stuck - what can I say, I don't always hit home runs
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #14 of 14
I think the whole Ipod design is a Star Wars Stormtrooper thing. I use a new LCD projector at work that is incredibably sweet, but is the same color with rounded edges, etc., and looks for all the world like some gadget you'd see a Storm trooper carrying around - well, if he was some techno/presentation nerd.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back