I just realised... how do you delete recordings on the iHP?
Apr 6, 2004 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
It's something I've only just come up against and for the life of me I can't work out how to delete the recordings I've made. Anyone have any ideas?

Apr 6, 2004 at 11:04 AM Post #2 of 20
Well if it works as an external hard drive, you should be able to just plug it in and go fetch the file and press delete
wink.gif

Apr 6, 2004 at 1:53 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
I meant while you're recording.

Back when I researched these things I think I remember that there is no way to delete anything from the iHP itself. You have to go to a computer to delete.

Not too much of a limitation unless you are recording, but I found that their recording options were pretty limited anyway.

Cheers.

Apr 6, 2004 at 1:57 PM Post #5 of 20
yup. can't delete nuthin from the iHP itself. pretty lame, considering all its other features. wasn't this thing supposed to be advanced?

Players you CAN delete tracks from:
Dell DJ
Gateway DMP-X20
All Creative Nomads
All Archos models

probably others.. can't remember

Apr 6, 2004 at 2:39 PM Post #7 of 20
This is all too hilarious! Big Deal!!! I consider it a safety feature. Who really cares, and what is the big effect of not being able to delete unless your connected?!

It is all too simple to make such a fuss about. You connect up your USB, go to the HDD, and delete what you do not want.

Apr 6, 2004 at 3:12 PM Post #8 of 20
Being able to clear recordings you got wrong / don't need is a big deal. Especially if you've got an iHP loaded with a certain amount of music to begin with. I'm really surprised they don't offer that facility. Never mind anyway.

Apr 6, 2004 at 3:15 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Being able to clear recordings you got wrong / don't need is a big deal. Especially if you've got an iHP loaded with a certain amount of music to begin with. I'm really surprised they don't offer that facility. Never mind anyway.

I know where you're coming from. But; the only option to delete them is to connect back to the USB/PC.

I guess all the players have their own issues. A person just needs to decide which issues of a given player would affect he (or she) most (or least).

Apr 6, 2004 at 3:49 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by AGR
This is all too hilarious! Big Deal!!! I consider it a safety feature. Who really cares, and what is the big effect of not being able to delete unless your connected?!

It is all too simple to make such a fuss about. You connect up your USB, go to the HDD, and delete what you do not want.

In other words: "shut up if you have different concerns and priorities than I do".

Actually, not being able to delete when you are recording can be a real problem.

And regardless, it is a lame not to have the delete feature.

Safety feature? Now that is nonsense. If it were a safety feature than it would be an option (or require many levels of confirmation to do so).

(edited a misspelling)

Apr 6, 2004 at 3:51 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by rwooda
In other words: "shut up if you have different concerns and priorities than I do".

Actually, not being able to delete when you are recording can be a real problem.

And regardless, it is a lame not to have the delete feature.

Safety feathre? Now that is nonsense. If it were a safety feature than it would be an option (or require many levels of confirmation to do so).

Shut up? Who said that? People need to relax around here, and enjoy the music.

Again....

I know where you're coming from. But; the only option to delete them is to connect back to the USB/PC.

After recording; then the delete is easy.

I guess all the players have their own issues. A person just needs to decide which issues of a given player would affect he (or she) most (or least).

Safety feature is used loosely, but you get the idea. No accidental delete while you are out and about.

Don't like it? Send it back! Get what you really like! Research. That is the key.

I ask a lot of questions, and research quite a bit. These forums are great for that. Sure! There are things you won't know until you get the product. But; it always helps to learn as much as you can before buying.

Apr 6, 2004 at 11:42 PM Post #12 of 20
I also tend to think that the lack of deletion is something that iRiver forgot about somewhere along the developement line... it's more a slight niggle than anything, because it's not like the recordings take up a huge ammount of space o.O

Apr 6, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by austonia
yup. can't delete nuthin from the iHP itself. pretty lame, considering all its other features. wasn't this thing supposed to be advanced?

Dell DJ
Gateway DMP-X20
All Creative Nomads
All Archos models

and it really matters why?

Apr 7, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #14 of 20
Man, that's really weird how my ifp-395T can delete any file straight on the player but the ihp can't. You just select the file, press the a-b button and then it gives you a confirmation, you click ok and the file is gone. You cannot delete whole folders however. So iriver must have done this on purpose (what their reasoning is, I have no clue though).

dj_digital

Apr 7, 2004 at 12:09 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by austonia
Dell DJ
Gateway DMP-X20
All Creative Nomads
All Archos models

iRiver iFP's has this capability, it can delete songs/recordings without a PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back