I Just Ordered The...
May 30, 2007 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Kieran Comito

500+ Head-Fier
The Bel Canto CD-1. Should be here in a couple of days. My friend just got the Rega Saturn on Friday and is burning it in. His Saturn was hooked up to his speaker system and it sounded kind of thin out of the box. Can't wait to compare the two players after each has a few hours on them.

May 30, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 5
Way to go...
lambda.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 5
Okay, the Bel Canto CD-1 is burning in. We are going to do a comparison with the Rega Saturn on my speaker system in a few days. I listened to the Rega Saturn again today and I must say I am impressed. Easy on the ears with plenty of detail. Soundstage is still a bit compressed or small. The player has about 120 hours on it. Will it improve more with more burnin? As for the Bel Canto, I just listened to for about an hour with headphones. It sounds really good out of the box. Dealer said it needs at least 100 hours, however right out of the box it is on another level from the MF A5 and the Cary 303/200.

Jun 3, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 5
Interesting observations so far. It would help to know your amp and phones you are using. I am a big believer in synergy of equipment and having heard the Saturn with a Zana Deux, HD650s and W1000s my experience was quit different than yours. I am in the market to upgrade my source with the Saturn and Bel Canto on my radar so you comments and review would be most appreciated.

Jun 4, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #5 of 5
I have not heard the Saturn with headphones as it is not mine, it is in my friends speaker system. I have heard the Bel Canto with the Single Power MPX 3 Slam and the RSA Stealth. The phones I was using were the HD600 and the Sony R 10s. There is deals on the Bel Canto from Underwood HiFi. This player was supposed to be priced at 5000.00 but Bel Canto screwed up by not have matching compenents (pre/power amp) to show at dealers. Dealers like to sell sets and with the Bel Canto they did not have it. Underwood does a lot of business over the net with audiophiles that like to mix and match everything so a matching set was not required for them to move the units. I think they got 44 of the 100 CD-1s made and he only has two left. For the price he is selling them for, it is a steal. I'm shaking my head, I can't believe how good the CD-1 is for the price I paid for it. I not good at reviews but I will try and post my impressions in the next couple of days. Plus, my buddy is going to bring the Saturn over and we are going to have at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back