I just ordered a pair of Audio Technica AD700s
Dec 26, 2008 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

ZackP

500+ Head-Fier
As a christmas gift to myself I ordered a pair of these. They cost me $94.56 shipped. These are my first pair of full sized 'phones and I can't wait to get them.

beerchug.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #2 of 15
I received a pair today as a gift. Only had a chance to listen to one track today. I'm spending my time with family. I selected Dire Straits - Your Latest Trick from the 1985 album Brothers In Arms as the first track to audition the new cans. It sounded great. I was very happy with my first experience. I'll write more when I get more time to audition them. For now, I'm heading back to enjoy the holiday with my family.

Enjoy your gift, when it arrives.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 15
Hey, what a coincidence. I also bought one for myself as a christmas gift.
atsmile.gif
Like broodwich, first impressions are really good. I'm burning em in as we speak.

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a christmas gift to myself I ordered a pair of these. They cost me $94.56 shipped. These are my first pair of full sized 'phones and I can't wait to get them.

beerchug.gif

I do prefer full sized phones. I just don't use them as portable, no matter how "portable" they are, so I still need my iems.
tongue.gif

Enjoy them!

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #7 of 15
Where did you buy them? I ordered the AD900 as a christmas present to myself from audiocubes. This sure was an expensive christmas, but I figure I'd help out the economy by buying a bunch of stuff
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #9 of 15
i'm wandering if I should get these 'phones or save up a little more and go with the akg k701.

They will be my first open-cans and will be paired with a NuForce Icon. Let me know your impressions, those of you who recently got the ad700.

I'll subscribe to this thread to look for your input.

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatwunguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm wandering if I should get these 'phones or save up a little more and go with the akg k701.

They will be my first open-cans and will be paired with a NuForce Icon. Let me know your impressions, those of you who recently got the ad700.

I'll subscribe to this thread to look for your input.

To the OP - good pick for a first pair. You'll enjoy them.

To thatwunguy, save your money. There is no comparison between the AD 700s and the AKG K701s. The K701s a re FAR better headphone - though you'll probably need an amp to drive them properly. I have both and I love the K701s and respect the AD 700s.

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To the OP - good pick for a first pair. You'll enjoy them.

To thatwunguy, save your money. There is no comparison between the AD 700s and the AKG K701s. The K701s a re FAR better headphone - though you'll probably need an amp to drive them properly. I have both and I love the K701s and respect the AD 700s.

alright, so i will save money and get the k701. If it's worth the wait, I'd rather go this route than spend more money in the long run.

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #13 of 15
Nice move.
Hope they arrive quite fast and that you enjoy them!
smile.gif

Dec 28, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #15 of 15
Write your first impressions here and then again after a 3-4 days of burn in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back