I just need an amp to push more volume to my new K181's
May 3, 2013 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Popcaan08

New Head-Fier
Hello all, growing up I always loved the big over ear headphones. I owned a pair of black Sony headphones with the circular cups and silver Sony wording on the sides and some other 3rd party ones, I was poor lol. Anyways, as I got older I guess i fell into the ear bud category mostly because of the bass those little things could put out sometimes, crazy!.. Like a week ago my last pair just broke so I i decided to invest in some real headphones again.

I bought some AKG K181DJ Pros just yesterday, and must say I was expecting like club sounding, bass thumping A** bouncing!!! sound to flow from these bad boys, but nope it wasn't like that...my face did rattle a bit, but i wanted more!!  These headphones are great don't get me wrong, but it seems I need more power...on my laptop with BEATS they sound amazing.. Now I need that from my iPod touch 5. So I read around and discovered there are amps..AMPS for headphones?? What lol.

So i'm Using an iPod touch 5 for my source of sound, and honestly I have an app on here that makes it sound crisp nice and very well spaced out, the sounds compliment each other just fine, I just want more OOMPH! like presence, you know?? Volume I guess and bass..

Does anyone know of something that's just volume and bass driven only, I can do without the fancy for now.

Like they dont even need to cost 50 30 0r even 20 lol, but i can afford that.

May 3, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 4
I guess the Fiio e11 is the best way to go, i know it wont improve the sound quality because apple has something going on in their devices, but the volume and bass will improve hopefully will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back