I just love when your ears are compeletly dialed in to the sound
May 18, 2009 at 7:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

mookowz13

100+ Head-Fier
So right now its 1:30AM, I just got home from at friends house from a board game night (Dungeons & Dragons, and I dare you to judge me lol), I'm absolutely exhausted, have eaten 4 frozen quesadillas (I cooked them of course) and should be in bed because I have a band practice which will wreck my ears for 2+ hours tomorrow behind a drum set.

Instead, I'm up and listening to my K601s at low volume but my ears are absolutely 100% dialed into the music right now. In my current state I shouldn't be able to pick up on anything, but they're detecting every little detail in Tommy Emmanuel's fingerwork on the guitar, I'm about ready to pass out but my auditory senses are just going crazy at just how GOOD the music sounds right now.

My point? None really, but I just love how sometimes your body and ears (no matter what state YOU think you're in) just manage to dial in the music ever so perfectly, one of those small smiles that creeps on your face that you just can't wipe off. Its one of those moments that reminds you why you love this hobby: because you love music.

Anyways, enough nonsensical ranting from me. Anybody else get these moments?

Also, apologies if this is the wrong forum, feel free to delete it if needed.

May 18, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #3 of 30
I often find the "twilight zone" offers the best music listening sessions. Just when you're at the point of passing out, its too bad that this only last half an hour or so before you start dozing off.

I think it has something to do with the brain, as you're passing out, all the worries, anxieties and negative feelings are "flushed out" of your system (you won't be sleeping with all this angst and stress), thus leaving you with an empty mind; free of distraction, open and sensitive to the very minute change and detail.

May 18, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #4 of 30
and more BASSSSS
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know what you mean "dialed in"

2007-02-13t061126z_01_nootr_rtridsp_2_ouktp-uk-aids-marijuana.jpg

You can really "dial in" to the new super furry animals album using this special phone.

Even my crappy speaker equipped in my Toyota Tercel sounds good with those babies.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank god I'll be driving some German Engineering soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even my crappy speaker equipped in my Toyota Tercel sounds good with those babies.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank god I'll be driving some German Engineering soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Are you trying to tell me you smoke week and drive.

My experience is crappy sound still sounds crappy after "dialing in" - it just becomes easier to ignore.
But nice equipment and the right album and then everything disappears. There's just a beautiful sea of music I'm falling into.
...happened recently to me with the Super Furry Animals' dark days/light years

May 18, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #8 of 30
Hey, I played DnD for years. Don't hate the game, hate the player!

Besides, seeing music is way cooler than listening to it
458px-4-HO-5-MeO-DMT.svg.png

May 18, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you trying to tell me you smoke week and drive.

My experience is crappy sound still sounds crappy after "dialing in" - it just becomes easier to ignore.
But nice equipment and the right album and then everything disappears. There's just a beautiful sea of music I'm falling into.
...happened recently to me with the Super Furry Animals' dark days/light years

It's one of those things whether you can do it or not. Thank god I'm able to, and I'm a darn good driver.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #12 of 30
Dude+wait+what.jpg

LOL!!! It totally took me off guard to take mookow's post from a cannabis perspective, you stoners xD!

Regardless of what your on, I completely know what he's talking about. Especially if you've been surrounded in silence for a few hours, combine with fatigue; that in itself is enough to alter your sonic perspective.

Also as for driving and smoking, if you have to even ask, you need to "Smoke Moar".

May 18, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #13 of 30
Haha, funny thing is I was actually just 100% exhausted, I haven't smoked up in over 3 years!

May 18, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mookowz13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, funny thing is I was actually just 100% exhausted, I haven't smoked up in over 3 years!

Being exhausted and stoned have a similar effect on sonic perception.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by RushNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also as for driving and smoking, if you have to even ask, you need to "Smoke Moar".

I'm always completely baked if I were to smoke and drive.

May 18, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mookowz13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmm, you're a university student living in Canada and it's summer... this does not compute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back