I just had an out of body experience (W3s)
Apr 9, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #16 of 19
I briefly owned two W3s. By far the best fitting universals I have ever worn. Great SQ as well. Haven't tried with amps, and I'm glad to hear that the quality is further enhanced by amping them.

If only the cable was replaceable with something like a TWAg...that would be truly remarkable.

Enjoy!

Apr 9, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #17 of 19
There is more than one "I've got a feeling". The Beatles' song off Let It Be is very fine. As John Lennon put it: Everybody had a wet dream.

BTW I too auditioned the W3s todays although I had heard the prototypes before. I liked them but prefered the neutrality of the UM3X which is a bigger change from my Triple-fi's.

Apr 9, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericschmerick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, here's the part that blew me away. They let me audition a few headphone amps. Literally, I sat there and laughed out loud a couple of times because I was hearing layers of music that I had never heard before - music INSIDE the music I've been listening to before - pouring into my brain. I don't know how to explain it, it was like there was a part of my songs that just opened up and was freed, and suddenly it surged out unimpeded by inferior electronics. Unbelievable.

I guess that's the non-audiophile in me coming out.

Well, at least promise us that you'll get an amp in the future. I mean, if you heard it, why go without it? Just imagine hearing new parts of all of your music collection... Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
biggrin.gif
Anyway, please consider putting a few dollars away so you can have one some day.

Also, it's not aboug being "audiophile". Never mind all those classifications. What your review says is that you hear more than some people do, and that music gets inside your brain.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back