I just got this Dual Layer Burner from Sony!
Jan 13, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Don't worry 1911's ears are filled with wax or something.
tongue.gif
kidding.

See if your computer has firewire. videocards usually don't have firewire unless. the 1212m does
biggrin.gif

see now if you only got the cheaper drive, you could've gotten a firewire card also haha.

doh i just remembered - there's no more room in there for a new card anyhow, so i'm going to be firewireless! isn't there something called the Dazzler that will let you record video from a normal rca video in to the comp?

Jan 13, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #17 of 18
consider this, with DV you'll copy to harddrive. it'll take a lot of space but is a digital transfer. then you do a DV-> MPEG2 compression for dvd. for SVIdeo or compsite out, it'll go DV-> ADC to composite / svideo out -> DAC to MPEG2.

the extra ADC and DAC will lose quality. i don't know how nero transfers from to dvd from camera if it's as your play or it has to make files on harddrive before recording. if it goes to drive, the DV-MPEG2 will take more drive space. but analog in to MPEG2 will take less space.

Jan 13, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #18 of 18
*head officially spinning* um, i think i'll go home and stare at my cords and bits and ends first, then reply to that - i cant keep it all straight without something in front of me i can look at!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back