I just got shocked!!
Apr 30, 2010 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

WCoast02

New Head-Fier
What happened?!? I plugged my M-Audio ear-buds into my sony STR-945 a/v receiver and was listening to music streaming from my 360. All of a sudden it shocked me! Both ears and it was quite intense. Anyone ever hear of that happening? It actually hurt quite a bit. The insides of my ear canals are apparently sensitive.

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #3 of 7
I've gotten static shocked by my vmoda ear buds running off my iPhone several times, but it happened more during the winter when I was wearing sweaters and hats. So I'm not sure it had anything to do with the iPhone itself.

It won't take much actual power to hurt your ears, the static shocks were enough of a deterrent that I stopped wearing them altogether.

Were you sitting on a rug? Wearing a sweater or anything else that might have built up static electricity?

Apr 30, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #4 of 7
Yeah I use to get stocked when I used my V-Moda Vibe. Damn those were horrible IEMs. I got caught up in one of those FOTM things and thought they were better than they actually are. After not using them for about a year I gave them to a co-worker for his daughter to use. She likes them so good for her.

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #5 of 7
My V-Moda Vibes shock my ears sometimes also.

Can't wait to be able to afford them. I dont actually use them that much, i prefer the CX400-II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back