I just got Rio Carbon, I have two questions on operation...
Mar 25, 2005 at 7:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

LoveablePuppy

New Head-Fier
1) I noticed that when i installed Rio Music Manager, it asked me if I wanted to "synchronized". What exactly does that mean and what does it do (advantages and/or disadvantages)?

2)I want to rip my audio cd's into mp3. I use to do that with a program called Zen Micro Explorer, and it gave me the option of variable or constant bit rate. I always chosed constant.

Now that I have Rio Music Manager running and about to rip, I dont see that option anywhere. I cant tell if it will be constant or variable when I convert it to mp3s.

There is the option for "Normalization", but I dont know what that means, if it is related to the option for constant or variable.

Normalization:

Because audio content is often recorded at different sound levels, some tracks may sound notably louder or softer than others. The Normalization feature helps maintain audio consistency between tracks by raising or lowering the sound level of various files to enhance volume consistency.

Mar 25, 2005 at 7:42 AM Post #2 of 6
syncronizing or "syncing" is a feature/proccess where the program will make sure that you have all of the music from your library on your carbon. so if you add a song, or two, or even a whole album, to your library in rio manager and sync it, it will put all of those new songs on your carbon without you having to find new songs and add them by hand.

Your using micro explorer?
eek.gif
tongue.gif
not even micro owners like to use the creative software. Use a separate program like EAC and LAME to rip your cd's onto your computer and then import them to rio's libary where you can sync them onto your carbon.

If Rio manager doesnt say that it's going to rip at variable or VBR then it is going to be at a constant bit rate or CBR.

Mar 25, 2005 at 11:33 AM Post #3 of 6
In RMM, go to tools, options, then copy cd. You can then choose the format, the codec, the bitrate, presets etc. You can also tick a box for normalisation
280smile.gif

Yeah, when you rip either use RMM, dMC, EAC, or CDex.

For syncing, it automatically adds (or deletes) songs betweem the comp and the player. Windows media player syncs as well with the carbon, and does a rather good job of it (not the RMM doesn't :p).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back