I just got my grado's and wow
Aug 30, 2004 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

majjack

New Head-Fier
Well I just received my Grado Sr300/325 hybrid from noiseunit and I gotta say, I know realize why you guys care soo much about the quality of headphones, I did a test between my sony mdr-v500's and the grados on a few tracks, and the difference is amazing I gotta say I'm now hooked for life on this hobby, I don't think my wallet is ever going to forgive me :p.. just a little rant...

-majjacK

Aug 30, 2004 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 20
nobody does headphones quite like grado. welcome to the club.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 2:35 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by recephasan
what? would you tell me about the Grado Sr300/325 hybrid?

as i recall, it has the SR300 housing but the SR325 drivers - is that right? Cool little deal.

Aug 31, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
as i recall, it has the SR300 housing but the SR325 drivers - is that right? Cool little deal.

I don't understand how this would be any different than a regular sr-325. It's the same drivers, and the enclosures are similar. I would've gone for the black sr-325 on ebay, which is said to be better by many than the silver one. I missed out on one a few years back cause I didn't realize the black ones were better.(no grato highs) Don't know if they best the MS2s though . . .

Aug 31, 2004 at 2:53 AM Post #9 of 20
congrats for getting on the right track so early. hope you become a grado lifer like so many fo us here!

orphsmile.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #13 of 20
Well I can say I'm addicted from this first night of listening, it's just opening of some of my favourite tracks, I'm hearing things on the recordings that I've never heard before, I just tried em on my turntables to see what that would be like (I'n a trance dj) they brought the highs of the track up so much and I found even from my little 15min mega mix it made it very easy to mix. so I'm starting to love these headphones the more and more I listen to them. In regards to the hybrid sr300/325 it's a sr300 casing with the sr325 drivers, the old, owner had a driver failure sent them back to grado and they changed up the drives, to technically there SR325's with a face job.

-majjacK

Aug 31, 2004 at 3:40 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
nobody does headphones quite like grado. welcome to the club.
smily_headphones1.gif

MMmm yes, welcome to a very very fine club. And so very true, no one makes them like Grado
rs1smile.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 4:05 AM Post #15 of 20
I'm listening to my Uber SR-200s as I read this thread. Awesome cans. I can't believe they're still so good after all these years!

Congrats on your new Grados majjack. You'll probably be enjoying them for a long, long time. I bought mine in 1993.

rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back