I just got my ATH-A900LTD's!
Dec 28, 2005 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

hekoman

100+ Head-Fier
All I can say is wow. I so got used to listening to my music with my MS-1's, and I am not saying the MS-1's are bad can, but I doubt they will be gettnig much use for the next few months. I haven't even burned in my A900LTD's yet but they already sound so much more refined than my MS-1's. The bass just seems so much more controlled, and it extends a lot lower than the MS-1's.

And such sweet details that I am hearing on a lot of my music. It just sounds like there is so much more high end with the A900LTD's. And I finally know what soundstage means with these also. It is so weird hearing all of the echo in some of the recordings. It just sounds like there is so much more space that the music occupies. The pisitioning is also so much better. It just feels so weird to be able to pinpoint where each of the sounds is coming from.

The midrange sounds a tad recessed, but the increased amount of details is enough for me not to really care.

When I pulled the cans out of their original packaging I was stunned at how good they look. These things really are very beautiful in person and most of the pictures that you can find online really do them no justice. Also the gray/green aluminum housing make the cans look very professional. When I put them on I was just amazed at how comfortable they were, but then I am coming fom grado's so that is to be expected. Also the clamping force with these headphones is exactly right for me. It doesn't clamp down to hard, but it clamps down hard enough not to want to move around a lot. And I think the pads on these are real leather, the are very soft and squishy, but they also look like real leather.

I think the only downside so far with these is that look kinda stupid when you are wearing them, since the earcups are just so big, but the sound great so I really don't care. I am just curious to see what reaction I will get when I wear them around campus, since these cans are going to be my earmuff for next semester.

I am very pleased so far with my A900LTD's and I am very glad that i decided to spring for them and wipe out every bit of money that I got for christmas this year.
icon10.gif

Dec 28, 2005 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 12
Glad you are enjoying the music...this is the primary thing...enjoy the music.

I think after a few days those mids will even out a little for you. They seem to for me.

Dec 28, 2005 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 12
Oh man!!! I can't wait to get mine. Have anyone done a comparation between this and the regular A900?

Dec 28, 2005 at 11:31 PM Post #4 of 12
I think that the A900 comparison has been done in a few blogs in Japan...I have found a few references to that effect and attempted to read the translations using google.

Dec 28, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #5 of 12
Bluetin had the A900LTD when I was in the market. I got the regular A900s just couldn't justify the extra cost.

Besides I am more than happy with them.
icon10.gif
Got them on now!

Dec 29, 2005 at 1:55 PM Post #8 of 12
The people that have heard both say Yes that they do sound different. Do a search on the word Japanesse and the first thread has a translation which did a comparison of these.

Dec 29, 2005 at 3:31 PM Post #9 of 12
renesis, you've already got a good set of cans, Dt880 (sgheadphones).
Are they amped? Even thought I'm enjoying the A900ltd immensely and will recommend them, there are a bit pricey.

The mids were a tad forward in my system but once i reduced the gain via harrison labs attenuators (-6DB) everything fell into place. Groovin to Joshua Redman Elastic band at the moment.

Dec 29, 2005 at 4:03 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesp
Oh man!!! I can't wait to get mine.

Ditto on that. I just ordered mine yesterday from Audio Cubes. All these posts are ramping up my anticipation level.

Dec 29, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #12 of 12
Glad to hear that you've receive your A900LTD and are enjoying them. Give them a few hours of burn in and they will settle down and shine. They do sound great straight out of the box.

Yup, the A900LTD is an awesome set of cans. It may not be in the same caliber as AT's woody line up but the sonic signature brings them really close. Since I gotten my pair, I haven't been dispointed. To simply put it, the A900LTD to me sounds like a more refined version of the standard A900 which I also own. All the details and soundstage of the A900's are there in the limited edition except they sound smoother. Mids are a tad bit better on the A900LTD although still bit recessed but not really noticeable to me unless you're really trying to listen to see if they are. All of the bass of the standard A900 are also there except a little tighter and not as boomy. Bass also has good extension in the A900LTD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back