I just got bit by a scammer.......
Jan 21, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #16 of 76
How is this guy able to modifiy the "Join Date" on his profile with newly created accounts?

Jan 21, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #17 of 76
How is this guy able to modifiy the "Join Date" on his profile with newly created accounts?
You can not modify your join date. Maybe he has multiple old accounts.

Jan 21, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #18 of 76
I'm going to put this to rest for now, since I appreantly don't have outstanding evidence for this to discuss further on the new guy but I will continue to leave a warning to not trust a seller's join date blindly like I did and lost out on money.....

Unless the person has decent feedback history or is reasonably active in the community, do not send payment as F&F......

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #19 of 76
I'm going to put this to rest for now, since I appreantly don't have outstanding evidence for this to discuss further on the new guy but I will continue to leave a warning to not trust a seller's join date blindly like I did and lost out on money.....

Unless the person has decent feedback history or is reasonably active in the community, do not send payment as F&F......
Agree completely about friends and family payments. Be cautious .

Jan 21, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #20 of 76
And now it looks like
@fanteskiller

Headfi account as been deleted or banned.

I spoke with a well known member and he tells me that he sold something to fanteskiller who is now pretending to be Headfi user oemerson (he added that to his profile header today after I called him out). Click on the linked name above and you will see it.
@oemerson is a real Headfi account.

Update: Not to mention he copied a bunch of oemerson's recently sold listings.....

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #21 of 76
I still don't understand how users are able to delete their own Classified Listings, I thought we were only able to "close" the listings. Anyone know?

Jan 21, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #22 of 76
With the help of another Headfi member, I have discovered what seems to be a massive scam operation involving an International Forwarding Service based in OR.

The address of the company is

USZCN INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS

6215 NE 92nd Dr, Portland, OR 97220

This is also the same address that @fanteskiller gave another Headfi user when he bought cables from him.

If you read the Google Reviews reviews of USZCN International Logistics, you will see many similar cases of online accounts being hacked in other online forums/marketplaces and/or mysterious sellers buying an absurb amount of merchandise from certain companies and asking them to be shipping to this parcel forwarding company address. Some of the figures mentioned in the google reviews are insane.
All super fishy and it is now very clear that the hacking/scam waves work using this company to forward the packages purchased from online marketplaces.
Note: This company is most likely NOT the one doing the scams, but their service is being used by hackers/scammers to forward packages to their country.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/U...4fccb!8m2!3d45.5681265!4d-122.5683674!9m1!1b1

Beware of strange buyers who buy items from you via F&F as well, those transactions are possibly subject to a chargeback scam.

Beware of strange buyers asking you to ship to that address.

Plus it looks like these scam waves are not new, here is a case from last year on Headfi,

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/pab759/my_headfi_account_just_got_taken_over_watch_for/

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #23 of 76
Safe better than sorry!

Apr 4, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #24 of 76
And now it looks like
@fanteskiller

Headfi account as been deleted or banned.

I spoke with a well known member and he tells me that he sold something to fanteskiller who is now pretending to be Headfi user oemerson (he added that to his profile header today after I called him out). Click on the linked name above and you will see it.
@oemerson is a real Headfi account.

Update: Not to mention he copied a bunch of oemerson's recently sold listings.....
New reply to old thread.

They might be the same person. The account "fanteskiller" was created right after I returned oemerson's poor connection cable, and he was trying to list exactly the same items I listed, with a lower price lol. Thankfully no one bought those.

Apr 4, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #25 of 76
New reply to old thread.

They might be the same person. The account "fanteskiller" was created right after I returned oemerson's poor connection cable, and he was trying to list exactly the same items I listed, with a lower price lol. Thankfully no one bought those.

Probably the same person who goes around hacking old accounts and then making fake listings from copying old ones.

Note the date that I made this thread, this will give you an idea of what time of the year scammers are hacking accounts and scamming people.

For anyone new who is reading this thread, let me be clear that @oemerson is a REAL Headfier, the person we are talking about was pretending to be him in his profile info and copied his listings. The faker was banned or deleted his account a few hours after this thread was made.
Over the next few days I saw similar listing behaviors in Classified Fields, multiple listings with similarly priced items and newly created accounts replying in the listings with "PM".

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #26 of 76
Probably the same person who goes around hacking old accounts and then making fake listings from copying old ones.

Note the date that I made this thread, this will give you an idea of what time of the year scammers are hacking accounts and scamming people.

For anyone new who is reading this thread, let me be clear that @oemerson is a REAL Headfier, the person we are talking about was pretending to be him in his profile info and copied his listings. The faker was banned or deleted his account a few hours after this thread was made.
Yea I used to think they're different person, but it's so hard to ignore that ID lol. See my ID. :wink:

Apr 4, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #28 of 76
That's right. I used to trust ppl with 0 history, everyone has their first sale. But need to be aware in the future.

And two other accounts that might be hacked @Strifeff7 and @Sp12er3. Should be the same person.

Apr 6, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #29 of 76
Ah yes thanks for reporting that, I changed the password now. Probably better follow Google's recommendation to comb through everything again.

Jun 6, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #30 of 76
I want to revisit this thread to report more familiar scammer activity.

This listing here is another typical fake ad (probably copied an old listing with a few edits to make it convincing) https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/64-audio-u12t.48903/#hfc-comment-71713

The user who created the U12T listing (just like the person who scammed me and like all the other scammers I have exposed recently) is an old account that got hacked and has 0 feedback and the last posts from this account is from 2014.

Remember, these are the things to look for when cautioning yourselfves from potential Headfi scams!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back