I just got a job!
Jul 4, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congrats, oh and start shopping for Lamborghinis now...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Lamborghini headphones, maybe...
580smile.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #17 of 21
First day was yesterday, went pretty well. The manual for the first week of training is about 700 pages or so, about a fifth of which we covered yesterday. We were supposed to get our ID badges/key cards yesterday, but the IT guys apparently left before our trainer could get around to it. As a result, one guy locked himself out accidentally on our lunch break and had to be let in (the receptionist had left as well). So we'll get those today.

So far, I think I'll like this job.

Jul 10, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #18 of 21
congratulations! i just got a job as well! doesn't start until september though, as i will be working as a learning support assistant (with children with difficulties or mental/physical handicaps) in a school. i'm very exited at the prospect of doing something positive at work, rather than having to get a job in an office or in retail. the money's not great, but the hours are, the holidays are, and the rewards ill get from this kind of work should be more than enough reason to do it.

Jul 10, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #19 of 21
I had a lamborghini telephone... and a Big Mac telephone....

Jul 10, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #20 of 21
Welcome to the TSR World. Here's a page all about silly customer TSR stories: http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/

Reading some of those stories reminded me of my time at Windows 95 Tech Support. This guy called and said that he could no longer see the Start button and Taskbar. I can't remember exactly what I asked him to do first, but I did ask him if he recently played any games in DOS or from Windows that ran in full screen. He said "I wasn't, but my son was just playing some Command & Conquer." Then I asked him if there were small knobs on the bottom of his monitor, he said yes. I asked him to adjust these knobs and see if any thing happens to the screen size and/or brightness. Sure enuff that was the "tech support issue" he had with Windows 95
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back