I just did the FS Mod on my UE super.fi5 Pros, what a difference.
Oct 15, 2006 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

SlackerClerk107

Head-Fier
I have been using them as intended since I got them about a month or two ago, but wow what a difference flipping them around has made. Much more comfortable in the ear, and the sound is definitely improved. Makes me wish I had done it earlier.
blink.gif

video_superfi_mod_002.jpg

Oct 15, 2006 at 1:22 PM Post #4 of 26
Oct 15, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 26
Cables are removable on all super.fi. They just pull off, I did thid mod also and am much happier with these now.

Oct 15, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #7 of 26
One thing that may have been mentioned before, but worth mentioning again is correct polarity of the cables. When you swap the cables so the Left cable is going to the Right ear piece and vise verse.

How do you know? There are markings of L and R on the end of each cable and the earpieces. I just made sure that I had the cables connected the same way on both earpieces. I didn’t notice the markings at first when I tried this mod, and was wondering why I was hearing strange imaging issues on a old Alan Parsons album I was listening to (On Air) there is a jet the flies through the soundstage and it seemed to be flying out of my head instead of through it, kind of a cool effect but not what the engineer had intended. I realized that I had one of the cables connected inverse to the other, swapped it around, once I noticed the markings on the cables and it’s fine now. Its a pretty subtle change, but one I picked up on pretty quickly, just make sure you have them connected the way they were designed. Not sure why UE didnt put a notch or something on them to only allow you to connect them one way, but maybe in a future revision.

Oct 15, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by papa_snap
what's the FS mod? I'm curious (didn't find it with a search)

Voila.
etysmile.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMasten
One thing that may have been mentioned before, but worth mentioning again is correct polarity of the cables. When you swap the cables so the Left cable is going to the Right ear piece and vise verse.

How do you know? There are markings of L and R on the end of each cable and the earpieces. I just made sure that I had the cables connected the same way on both earpieces. I didn’t notice the markings at first when I tried this mod, and was wondering why I was hearing strange imaging issues on a old Alan Parsons album I was listening to (On Air) there is a jet the flies through the soundstage and it seemed to be flying out of my head instead of through it, kind of a cool effect but not what the engineer had intended. I realized that I had one of the cables connected inverse to the other, swapped it around, once I noticed the markings on the cables and it’s fine now. Its a pretty subtle change, but one I picked up on pretty quickly, just make sure you have them connected the way they were designed. Not sure why UE didnt put a notch or something on them to only allow you to connect them one way, but maybe in a future revision.

Word.
etysmile.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by SlackerClerk107
I have been using them as intended since I got them about a month or two ago, but wow what a difference flipping them around has made. Much more comfortable in the ear, and the sound is definitely improved. Makes me wish I had done it earlier.
blink.gif

video_superfi_mod_002.jpg

Hmm...that looks like my ear.
etysmile.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #11 of 26
Actually...It's quite a nice ear (unattached lobe and all). You should be an IEM ear model. I will talk to my connections.

Oct 15, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Actually...It's quite a nice ear (unattached lobe and all). You should be an IEM ear model. I will talk to my connections.

Er.. either slackerclerk owns the UE website, UE took the picture from him, .. or he just took it off the site
tongue.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj
Er.. either slackerclerk owns the UE website, UE took the picture from him, .. or he just took it off the site
tongue.gif

LOL....now I just need to work on the rest of my face.
k1000smile.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #14 of 26
I've been had.

I will have to learn to trust again. Consider my connections disconnected
etysmile.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I've been had.

I will have to learn to trust again. Consider my connections disconnected
etysmile.gif

You mean I have to take all of the make up off my face now? I was looking forward to it.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back